CFL Hainan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember ... the happy cows are California Cows ... and they produce the raw product for the best cheese.

For the right renumeration I'd be happy to mail cheese to you in Hainan ... or maybe we can do containers and make some money!

:unsure:

I imagine that there are a lot of empty containers going back to China from the US...But I'm not sure I could unload a whole container of SoCal Smoky Cheddar on the unsuspecting Hainan folks... :lol:

If you want to be on Hainan Dao but ecsape the summer heat the mountain town of Wuzhishan arguably has the most moderate climate in all of China... :ph34r: I just discovered the first development listed there on Soufun. They are offering FINISHED VILLAS for the incredibly low price of 2500-2900 RMB/m2... <_< Now this is the "sticks" but it is only 2 hours by express bus to Sanya... :ph34r:

http://newhouse.hn.soufun.com/house/5010350194.htm

Climate of Wuzhishan/Five Finger Mountain Hainan Island: Typical Tropical Rainforest

Climate of Wuzhishan/Five Finger Mountain Hainan Island:

The climate of Wuzhishan is that of a typical tropical rainforest, with many rain showers all year round. The average temperature is 22.6¡£degree¡¯s centigrade (73 Fahrenheit) and the average rain is 1690MM. Wuzhishan is the best place to get rid of the heat from April to October on Hainan Island where the average temperature is 26 degree¡¯s centigrade (79 Fahrenheit) in July. Yon don¡¯t see many places in Wuzhishan with Air Conditioners as the temperature difference is around 10 degrees between Sanya & Wuzhishan. Winter time is a not cold at all with the average temperature being around 17 degrees centigrade£¨63 Fahrenheit), At it is tropical rainforest area, the average humidity is around 80% year round and rains almost every day in the afternoon or in the morning during the summer time (April-October).

Here's one of thse typical fanciful Sofun views of what the houses might look like... :lol:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/808/001wuzhigd1.jpg

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah shoot big doings in our Hainan town and we won't be there to enjoy it... :ph34r: A fireworks show with piano accompaniment ??? :rolleyes:

Hainan Province: The Eighth China Hainan Joy Festival to be Held Tomorrow

The Eighth China Hainan Joy Festival will be held between 6 and 18 November in Qionghai City of Hainan Province, The main venue is the Wanquan River bank while other activities will focus on Bo Ao Water City.

The festival will consist of three parts, namely the opening ceremony in the form of a 'Symphonic Poem in Praise of Wanquan River', the 'Joyful Hainan, A colorful parade of the Qionghai' aero amphibious floats and an offshore musical fireworks competition that will be held at Bo Ao Water City.

The opening ceremony on the river bank will start tomorrow afternoon while the parade of floats and the fireworks competition will be held respectively during the morning and evening of November 17th. Visitors attending the festival will be able to appreciate a unique presentation of floats on the land, over the sea, and in the air. What is more, they will enjoy a fireworks show with piano accompaniment.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Qionghai, Hainan developer has announced new plans for two more developments in the same area as the one in which we bought. Ours is surrounded by the lime green line on this plat. Is all of China being overbuilt house-wise??? With 1.3 BILLION people??? I don't think so although prices in the sky-highest cities will probably have a READJUSTMENT... :blahblah1:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8250/d0001td3.jpg

Well while enjoying the tropical lifestyle on Hainan Dao you will, of course,

want to get around to see all the sights, hit the beach, etc,... :P

and what better way to do that AND support the local economy

than by buying a car made right here on Hainan... :) Yes friends Haima Automobiles based in the capitol city of Haikou builds a complete line

of cars that look surprisingly like Mazda's... :ok: but whatever

...although I do have to admit that we saw a segment on touring

Hainan and they used a rented Citroen convertible that looked mighty fine also

but would laopo ever let me put the top down??? :angel:

http://www.hnmazda.com/2006/english/profile.asp

want to get around to see all the sights, hit the beach, etc,... :D

than by buying a car made right here on Hainan... :( Yes friends Haima Automobiles based in the capitol city of Haikou builds a complete line

of cars that look surprisingly like Mazda's... :xmastree: but whatever

but would laopo ever let me put the top down??? :)

Yes - but do they have V-8's and rear wheel drive?

want to get around to see all the sights, hit the beach, etc,... :phone1:

than by buying a car made right here on Hainan... :roller: Yes friends Haima Automobiles based in the capitol city of Haikou builds a complete line

of cars that look surprisingly like Mazda's... :sweating_buckets: but whatever

but would laopo ever let me put the top down??? :signthankspin:

Yes - but do they have V-8's and rear wheel drive?

I have NOT been a participant in the MUSCLE CAR thread Randy so I wouldn't know...It looks like they only have smallish 4 cylinders though...Isn't that enough for any sane person??? :xmastree: