Case status online

:D Randy and David, thank you both! :D

I appreciate your efforts here on CFL to get answers to some pretty difficult questions. It seems you can not get a straight answer from the authorites on the issue; USCIS says one thing, DOS says another. Of course we are going to side with being overly cautious, we don't want any re-entry problems.

It's probably worth the $$$ to apply for AP and not risk the hassle! But one would think, our government was alittle more sound in their rules/advise (I mean the advise I reeived from USCIS IO at our Info=Pass Appointment was totally wrong.....we didn't need AP while our AOS was pending and the I-485 Form says so in it's instructions....that is with a valid K3; but the advise DOS gave me was that all benefits and privileges remained in effect for the original intent of that visa (multiple entry included).

Yes David, this is clear as mud! :(

Maybe if we file for AP it will bring attention back to our file and someone will pick it up and blow off all that dust that's settled on it! B)

Believe me, we won't leave the country without a clear and sure answer to our delima!

Thanks again Randy and David. I do appreciate you guys! :D

PapaBear B)

B) I've just scheduled another "Info-Pass" appointment to once again try to get some straight answers! :D

Of course all this could have been avoided if our case was moving in some direction. I think it is just absolutely obsurd that an AOS interview would be scheduled months, if not years, before security clearances cleared. B)

Something is rotten in Denmark or as in this case DC! But we'll keep right on smiling......at least we are together and not half a world apart! :D

PapaBear :(

Common sense tells me that the K-3 is good for entry to the US as long as it is valid/unexpired.

Right you are Don! :D

We wouldn't even think of leaving the country with an expired visa, hoping that what we had been told would work upon re-entry. We would want it in writing.

But what sparked this firecraker of discussion, was being told that at no point after filing for AOS can a K3 visa holder leave the country without first having obtained AP.

Now when you schedule an Info-Pass appointment, one would assume that the Immigration Officier conducting the appointment would; (1) know the law and give correct information, and (2) have your file with information relevent to your case there in front of them.

In my last appointment with USCIS, the IO flat out told us that a K3 could not travel outside the country after filing AOS without AP. At this point there was no discussion of expiring visas. And the IO had no file or other paper infomation on our case during the appointment, she just entered the AOS Case Reciept Number into the computer and was looking at a screen showing her the same exact information we view at "On-Line Status" at the USCIS Website.

Well, as far as I can tell.....we've beat this horse dead....must be time to let this thread die!

PapaBear B)