Mother-in-law approved

Congratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .... great news!

Wheel Man

Well looks like we got lucky and my mother-in-law is approved to come to the USA to see the birth of her grandson. Does anyone know how long she can stay after she comes .... I know there is the possibility of 6 month extension but how about longer?

congrats - and from my experience, it looks as if the trip won't be too hard on her.

my mother-in-law got 6 months on entry. she's only staying 5 though (unless we change her return ticket). The immigration officer makes the decision at the POE; you can petition to extend it later if you like - do a search for some postings on the subject - people have done it.

Well looks like we got lucky and my mother-in-law is approved to come to the USA to see the birth of her grandson. Does anyone know how long she can stay after she comes .... I know there is the possibility of 6 month extension but how about longer?

What I had thought I had read on other cases was that the visa would be for a 6 month stay, and could be extended for another 6 months. Longer than that, no.