WHAT IS SO STATUS?????

I am filling out a AR-11 Change of Address and there is a question: "If not a permanent resident, my stay in the U.S. expires on: "?

What is the answer to this for a K-1? After applying for a I-485 is their stay automatically extended until a decision is made by USCIS? What is their official status at this in between point are they considered a visitor or a permanant resident?

Yes, he is granted an extension of stay authorized by the Attorney General until the decision is made on AOS.

Here is the answer from over at visa journey.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html#6.11.7

6.11.7)..(newsgroup)..OK, so my K-1 wife will file I485 for AOS.....Question is, what will her immigration status be from the date she files the AOS paperwork until the interview where she receives (conditional)green card?

A..(newsgroup)..She is official under a "period of stay authorized by the Attorney General". (FAQ Note: This is due to being an Adjustment Applicant who is awaiting a decision regarding an adjustment of status application)

Not quite sure how you would list this on the form. As there is no definate date.

I am filling out a AR-11 Change of Address and there is a question: "If not a permanent resident, my stay in the U.S. expires on: "?

What is the answer to this for a K-1? After applying for a I-485 is their stay automatically extended until a decision is made by USCIS? What is their official status at this in between point are they considered a visitor or a permanant resident?

I wanted to get the form out so what I did was enter the date 2/21/07 which is the VISA expiration date but also put I-485 filed.

Does anyone think this will cause a problem?

I wanted to get the form out so what I did was enter the date 2/21/07 which is the VISA expiration date but also put I-485 filed.

Does anyone think this will cause a problem?

For a change of address? I don't think there'll be any problems. I think what you wrote down is fine. I like Don's "Pending AOS" as well.