Relationship Evidence

I know many of you sent evidence along with the original petition such as pictures, emails, etc., to show proof of bonafide relationship. I had an immigration attorney file on my behalf, and did not mention gathering these materials on my part to send along with the petition. Do you think that it is detrimental not providing this info. even though I have many pictures, emails, phone logs, etc. (kitchen sink approach) that will accompany SO during interview. Some of you believe the VO's make a decision prior to the interview, but how can they just base that on lack of evidence in the original petition package.

The only evidence asked for in the petition proof of having meet in the last two years. This is a petition meant for USCIS and therefore the requirement is theirs as well.

What's probably more important to the DOS/GUZ, is evidence of an ongoing relationship. Strongest, IMO, is number of trips... then all the things one does while not together (letters, emails, etc). If the VO wants to see anything, they will ask for it.

Think of it like an application for a mastercard credit card.. you fill out the paperwork (petition), must have so much credit history (affidavit of support), and supporting evidence can be asked for (letters, emails)....

In this sense, getting an approved petition by USCIS basically makes the application expected to pass.. But let's not get too relaxed.. we should insert key 'brownie points' (as I like to say); maybe a few calls to DOS and a few emails to GUZ to show you know the process and are monitoring it... One still should try to make their case as bullet proof as possible. But I don't see sending anything at this point as helpful.. but could possible raises questions, since your providing information that USCIS never got to see as part of their petition approval.

I know many of you sent evidence along with the original petition such as pictures, emails, etc., to show proof of bonafide relationship. I had an immigration attorney file on my behalf, and did not mention gathering these materials on my part to send along with the petition. Do you think that it is detrimental not providing this info. even though I have many pictures, emails, phone logs, etc. (kitchen sink approach) that will accompany SO during interview. Some of you believe the VO's make a decision prior to the interview, but how can they just base that on lack of evidence in the original petition package.

My case was K1. My husband sent some of our relationship evidence (pics, emails, MSN chat and his first trip airticket to China) with the I-129 paket. On my interview day, the VO asked me to show more pics, and also asked how many times that my fiance (now is my husband) had visited me. I shew her our pics and also my fiance's passport (he came to China to company me to the interview), then I passed the interview.

If you worry about your wife's interview, to my opinion, you better company her to her interview. That can help a lot whatever what happen.

I'll be at the interview and have an arsenal of evidence (emails, phone logs, chat logs, print outs of screen captures from video conferences, etc.). We plan to make a video of us communicating in Guangzhou before the interview, also.

Remember that anything submitted with the original petition is in the hands of the VO BEFORE the interview. Seems to me that that would be a big advantage, especially if you have more "evidence of continuing relationship" to show at the interview.

my concern would be if someone puts something in there, and the VO normally gets the case packet just before the interview.. what if there's not enough time for the VO to look at Everything submitted? That was USCISs job in the first place since the DOS has never asked for relationship evidence during the process, only forms... Is the VO going to try to review 100 emails prior to the interview if they were submitted with the P3?

Remember that anything submitted with the original petition is in the hands of the VO BEFORE the interview. Seems to me that that would be a big advantage, especially if you have more "evidence of continuing relationship" to show at the interview.

my concern would be if someone puts something in there, and the VO normally gets the case packet just before the interview.. what if there's not enough time for the VO to look at Everything submitted? That was USCISs job in the first place since the DOS has never asked for relationship evidence during the process, only forms... Is the VO going to try to review 100 emails prior to the interview if they were submitted with the P3?

They will almost assuredly look at pictures already in the file - our IO did at the AOS interview.

To my way of thinking, if you have some good pictures, it's VERY desirable to have those in your folder before the interview - this means submit them with the I-129F. And "proof of meeting" is a good excuse to include them.

No evidence was submitted with the original petition other than a copy of the marriage certificate proving we were married in China. The immigration attorney never mentioned sending evidence with the petition. Thoughts, anyone?

No evidence was submitted with the original petition other than a copy of the marriage certificate proving we were married in China. The immigration attorney never mentioned sending evidence with the petition. Thoughts, anyone?

I think we all missed that you are K-3 - no evidence is needed, other than the marriage certificate.

They will almost assuredly look at pictures already in the file - our IO did at the AOS interview.

To my way of thinking, if you have some good pictures, it's VERY desirable to have those in your folder before the interview - this means submit them with the I-129F. And "proof of meeting" is a good excuse to include them.

Myself I included a few samples of everything. Photos,e-mails,letters from both parties, telephone bill leading up to my trip to china. Just one or two Items. My Idea was to show my SO can understand english fairly well.In discussing how we met I mentioned where we went and who we met and had photos to show this, 4 photos total of me and SO with parents and aunts and uncles , Show a small sample but not to overwhelm so it will be looked at. I also mentioned that she spoke reasonable english as the reason for starting the relationship in the first place . One of the things that attracted her to me.

Edited by lostinblue (see edit history)