Another dumb question

Hi all,

I have read all I can on these telegraphic codes but I can find what io need.

Guiping, called and needs the codes. I have found where to get the codes but I need to know what form she needs them for. I have looked through all the forms she should have but I do not see where they are requested. Am I just blind? If anyone knows what form requests them please let me know. Thanks, Bob

Hi all,

I have read all I can on these telegraphic codes but I can find what io need.

Guiping, called and needs the codes. I have found where to get the codes but I need to know what form she needs them for. I have looked through all the forms she should have but I do not see where they are requested. Am I just blind? If anyone knows what form requests them please let me know. Thanks, Bob

Bob:

As I recall, Packet Three contained an additional form entitled something like "Supplemental Information Sheet". It was on this form that they asked for the Telegraphic Code. In fact, we received two of these forms. One of them said the code was required, the other said that if the person couldn't find it, it was not essential. I emailed GZ and received the reply that it must be included. So we included it. It is a relic I think. I don't believe they use it anymore. :greenblob:

Thanks Mick. I just found the letter where it requests it. I know they are most likely not needed but Guiping is very worried she will make a mistake on th epaperwork. I just better find them to make her feel better. I told her to go to the post office to get them so she may beat me to it. Thanks, ----Bob

Hi,

I managed to get the codes. Guiping emailed me her name in Chinese characters and I just pasted them in the tigtag link. It worked perfectly. thanks you for the idea.

Rose, The codes need to be written on the DS-156 form where it asks for your name in Chinese. Write in the Chinese and then the codes.

----------Bob

The consulate at Shenyang had a book of the Chinese telegraphic codes that you could use. It was similar to the Richard Sun listing, but had things categorized alphabetically in Pinyin. Hence, I just had to find the correct character for "Wang" and use the number associated with it and so on for the next two characters of her name. Of course somebody had torn out some pages, but I was lucky in that none that I needed were missing.