Just got back from China and have P3 questions

Hi everyone,

My name is James Chun and I have been in China with my fiancee since late-January so I am a little behind on the info. Please bare with me. I have several questions.

My fiancee and I received our P3 on Feb. 26th 2003 and I sent in form DS-230 Part 1 on Feb. 28th and OF-169 (checklist) on Mar. 10th. I have emailed GZ to see if the forms have been received yet but no reply as of today.

Do I call DOS to see if her namecheck has been submitted and if so what number do I use?

Is there anything else I can do to help while I wait?

Thanks in advance for you help. Man I miss my honey already and this SARS virus is scary (especially since my fiancee lives in the Guangdong province)

James

I tracked down my returned P3 and the mailman picked up on 3/10. I just called DOS last friday, (which is 3 weeks later) and the lady told me GZ has received our EMS letter and "submit to the State Department for name check" on 3/13. And she told me this will take a good 2 months.

Now, in my mind I have no doubt that actually our returned P3 forms ARE updated in GZ computer, but, 3 day later they really "submit" and start the name check?

Thanks Don. I called twice last week and talk to two different ladies both gave me the same info. However I just got an email from Harty all they are saying is " happy to report to you that Ms. Xs Packet 3 documents have been received. When her clearance process is concluded, the Consulate will notify her. " So, according to Donahso's rule of always checking two lines of information, I am not sure if they actual submit for the name check.

The good news for everyone here who just send back P3 is that the standard 1 to 2 months "aging" period may take much shorter as for us only about a few days.

Guest agl88

Just call DOS. In my opinion, call CA if your case exceeds the normal waiting time, such as three months for the name check.

If you are lucky, you can go through the GZ line and talk to the live person.

Just call DOS. In my opinion, call CA if your case exceeds the normal waiting time, such as three months for the name check.

If you are lucky, you can go through the GZ line and talk to the live person.

You are correct. CA will brush you off if you are a "normal" waiter.. i.e not a black-holer of some sort.

Hi all,

Some good news today. This morning I called DOS and the lady told me my fiancee's name check began on March 21th. At least I can be relatively sure that GZ received the P3 forms. I tried calling GZ but kept getting cut off when I pressed 0 to talk to a live rep. I will call again the consulate tonight to verify DOS's statement. Thanks all for the replies. They were a huge help.

James

• 2 weeks later...