Looking for a good lawyer reference

I am in the process of finding a good lawyer who can represent me and looking for your suggestions and references for a good one since there are so many lawyers out there and it is difficult to access who is good or not.

Many thanks for all your kind helps.

-John

I am in the process of finding a good lawyer who can represent me and looking for your suggestions and references for a good one since there are so many lawyers out there and it is difficult to access who is good or not.

Many thanks for all your kind helps.

-John

Represent you for what?

Do you want to meet the lawyer personally? If so what geographic area?

I agree! There is nothing that a lawyer can do that you can't do much faster and much cheaper yourself. Once they get your check, your paperwork will more than likely just go on the pile and wait it's turn for processing much like the government will do with it. Whereas you can give it the TLC and quick turnaround that it truly deserves, that you and your SO truly deserve. I would suggest taking a few days reading about the process here on CFL. Of course I am assuming that you are not in the middle of some serious problem that requires the services of an attorney. Good luck either way!

I agree! There is nothing that a lawyer can do that you can't do much faster and much cheaper yourself. Once they get your check, your paperwork will more than likely just go on the pile and wait it's turn for processing much like the government will do with it. Whereas you can give it the TLC and quick turnaround that it truly deserves, that you and your SO truly deserve. I would suggest taking a few days reading about the process here on CFL. Of course I am assuming that you are not in the middle of some serious problem that requires the services of an attorney. Good luck either way!

Check out his previous posts

I too once looking for an attorney to "ensure" the process or "hoping that he/she could help me speed it up". Turns out, no one could speed up the case and give you any kinda of guarantee. As Don mentioned, the best they can do is to ensure you filed in all documents that are required by the gov.