What separates us from others?

One thing is that any USC who goes for a gal in China IS special in my book. There are so many in the USA who just wouldn't do it. Never cross their mind. If told why I am doing it, there is this blank stare of no comprehension. Or they seem to be thinking...... WHY?

My Sam IS special. He is the big green man from Mars.

I have been exposed to the outside culture and I got along well with western employer or the customers, suppliers from a dozen of countries. I THOUGHT I have no problem understanding an American man. Maybe the western culture I thought I understand is only Caucasian culture.

Twice I wondered:"Which planet is Sam from?" His way and his dark skin color scared away a couple of women. My sharp tongue scared away a couple of men. So we are still here for each other.

Now I've found the "Inch Button" at last: Don't shoot Sam with bullets but candies. If I shot him with bullets, all bullets bounced back. If I shoot him with candies, he takes all the candies and he wants to exchange everything he has for the candies :D :)

I have been exposed to the outside culture and I got along well with western employer or the customers, suppliers from a dozen of countries. I THOUGHT I have no problem understanding an American man. Maybe the western culture I thought I understand is only Caucasian culture.

Western men (and culture) are not all the same. Even Caucasians are not all the same. In Shanghai, I met a lot of people from all over the world--much more so than when I was in the US. I found that the British have very different humor than American humor. Likewise with the Germans. Cultures are different. Of course white men from the West have more in common with each other than with Chinese men or Japanese men, but an American is different from a Brit who is different from a German who is different from a Frenchman. It would be a mistake to group them together and think of them as Caucasians or Europeans.

I found it very interesting. I use to think of Europe as United Europe--like the United States. That's certainly NOT the case. They each love their own identity and their own culture. They pride on being their different nationalities with their different cultures.

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

Western men (and culture) are not all the same. Even Caucasians are not all the same. In Shanghai, I met a lot of people from all over the world--much more so than when I was in the US. I found that the British have very different humor than American humor. Likewise with the Germans. Cultures are different. Of course white men from the West have more in common with each other than with Chinese men or Japanese men, but an American is different from a Brit who is different from a German who is different from a Frenchman. It would be a mistake to group them together and think of them as Caucasians or Europeans.

I found it very interesting. I use to think of Europe as United Europe--like the United States. That's certainly NOT the case. They each love their own identity and their own culture. They pride on being their different nationalities with their different cultures.

That's true.