Just noticed something

I just noticed something that I did not see before on the letter I received from NVC. Just below the address of GUZ it says:

Traveling Applicants:

Name DOB POB

SO's Name here

(her son's name is here)

I am not petitioning for her son. I don't know why they listed his name. He is 20 years old and does not want to come. Should I be concerned about this?

No concern here, he is eligible for a K-2 visa and listed, this is normal.

Based on a few others recent experiences you might want to write a cover letter for P-3 explaining that he will not be accompanying your fianc¨¦e to the US at this time and that the letter is only to confirm the information provided in question 21a.

Don't even bother trying to address 21b as they will leave him with follow to join status no matter what you say. Just clarify very clearly that he will not be accompanying your fianc¨¦e to the US at this time. It might be best if the letter is from both of you and you both sign it and attach it to your DS-230.

Others have been delayed while GZ gets confirmation that you really mean what you put in 21a and will at times stop processing the case until they have logged a separate response on this, it stalled us for about 6 weeks.

Besides, you've had enough time waiting on them.

I just noticed something that I did not see before on the letter I received from NVC. Just below the address of GUZ it says:

Traveling Applicants:

Name DOB POB

SO's Name here

(her son's name is here)

I am not petitioning for her son. I don't know why they listed his name. He is 20 years old and does not want to come. Should I be concerned about this?

No. ;)

Traveling Applicants:

Name DOB POB

SO's Name here

(her son's name is here)

I also notice that they have his name reversed. This is something I've read a lot about on CFL. In some cases it is a major problem. I know the Chinese list their family name first. The letter from NVC lists his family name last. At this point, is this something to ignore?

Never mind, I think I can answer my own question.

List it, whenever applicable, the exact same way I have it on the I-129F. The email from NVC is nothing to worry about.

Am I correct?

I also notice that they have his name reversed. This is something I've read a lot about on CFL. In some cases it is a major problem. I know the Chinese list their family name first. The letter from NVC lists his family name last. At this point, is this something to ignore?

RLS, on the exact same letter, how is the Mother's name listed? Given or Surname first?

RLS, on the exact same letter, how is the Mother's name listed? Given or Surname first?

Surname first, (first name)

On his, it's the opposite

Surname first, (first name)

On his, it's the opposite

Ok, then you should probably note that to them in your correspondence if you write to GUZ.

Ron, my friend,

You are going to wear that darned piece of paper out before this is all over.

I punched holes in whatever I was sent, put them in the binder, and waited for the interview.

Of course, many of us know how THAT turned out. :ph34r:

Hmmm...Perhaps you have a better feel for this that I did?????

:lol:

Ok the names are put in the I-129F and listed as surname and given name. This is not rocket science. Why can't the different departments read the form?

That's my point exactly. On the I-129F I have it down correctly. Whoever wrote the email at NVC reversed her son's name. I think I'll do as David suggests and call, just to be sure.