Green Card approved & arrived, without an interview

My wife got her 2 year Green Card in the mail today and is very happy. We knew about the approval for about one week now but did not want to jinx anything by telling everyone until it arrived without any errors or other problems. The best part about this is we did not have to have an interview to get approved!! :redblob: :redblob:

Here are the details:

We sent the application (EAD, AP & I-485) in the last week of July and got a reciept date of August 3rd. The biometrics appointment (it seemed more like walk in than an appointment) was about 2-3 weeks after the receipt date, which went without a hitch. About 2 weeks later I get an RFE, they wanted a copy of the original USCIS K-1 approval letter from last October. :greenblob: At this time I am thinking, ok here we go again, another typical screw up from our friends at USCIS. Why would they need a copy of a letter they themselves sent to us?? But as my wife said "Why ask why? Just give them what they want, and do it fast..... :greenblob: ..no, even faster." Not sure why they wanted a copy of the approval notice, (apparently this request has happened a few times this summer on other cases) and I sent it out the next day. Then we got transfered to CA Service Center around the 1st Oct, glad to leave the Nebraska sink hole. About a week later I got notice of AP & EAD being approved while my wife was visiting friends in San Jose. Upon returning home and me delivering the good news along with EAD & AP documents she promtly asks "when will the Green Card arrive?". My gut feeling was sometime in Dec we might get an interview. :greenblob: About a week later I got notice of her I-485 approval. I really thought it was another error so wanted to wait until the card arrived and everything in proper order before telling everyone we had it, then getting egg on face for another USCIS error, but here we are.

Not sure how come we got lucky, but I wish you all that are waiting for some approval and/or interview in your process have the same problem we had. :redblob: