What attracts Chinese Women to Texans?

How did I miss this thread?

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it and, as in other religions, few people dare to inspect it for fear of losing their bearings in mystery or paradox. But I think there will be little quarrel with my feeling that Texas is one thing. For all its enormous range of space, climate, and physical appearance, and for all the internal squabbles, contentions, and strivings, Texas has a tight cohesiveness perhaps stronger than any other section of America. Rich, poor, Panhandle, Gulf, city, country, Texas is the obsession, the proper study and the passionate possession of all Texans." - John Steinbeck 1962

"If a man¡¯s from Texas, he¡¯ll tell you. If he¡¯s not, why embarrass him by asking?"

-U.S. journalist John Gunther regarding legendary Texas pride

Which reminds me of what happened on the train I was on the other day. While I was sitting there talking to the conductor, a drunk came up to him and said he wanted to buy a ticket to hell. The conductor turned to him and said, fine, that will be $89.00 and you can get off at any stop in Florida. Those Amtrak guys know there stuff. And God Bless Texas!

As aye,

Jim

Sniff...SNIFF

Smelling a huge load of manure here ;)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to see how long this thread can stay in culture before it is sent to the TC. Best way is no posts, which is about what I would expect.

Is it the way we walk?

Talk?

Do we have a can do attitude that teams well with the Chinese attitude of there always being a way to acomplish something, and the "do" ethic?

Maybe we are uglier than the rest of you gents and that makes us monsters very attractive.

Do we lie better, or more compationate?

Do we take more risks?

Are we more comfortable with adventure?

Shoe size?

Big Hands?

What is it?

In your case it's a weak mind. :)

True True So True. I was smitten. But I did turn down some before, brefore SHE found ME. Hmm I better be kind.

why I love a Texan? :rolleyes: actually he is not a real texan, he just moved to TX in 2000 for a better job, but he loves Fort Worth, and wants to live there for the rest of his life , of couse except moving back to china if I insist on :) I love him because he is very responsible, faithful, sweet, I also do love his big hands,which did good massage for me :rolleyes: :D

Okay...just in case someone is new to CFL. Yes, my profile states I live in Walnut Creek, CA. But I was born and raised in the only state that the USA asked...(to be honest, BEGGED) to join it.

It all comes down to how a REAL Texas man treats a lady. It's the reason I refuse to introduce a California man to any of my wife's single Chinese friends.

To be honest, it's really old-fashioned, and in this politically correct day and age, offensive. It's an obvious, not implied, respect and reverence, that I haven't seen anywhere else but Texas, toward the fairer gender. I'm sure it exists elsewhere in pockets...but when women elsewhere in the US are surprised, if not thrilled, that you would hold open the door for them, there's obviously a difference. And it's an virtual LAW in Texas.

I know I'm going to catch flak for this, and I don't even hafta ask the real Texas men to come to my defense. But, since I have moved away from the Lone Star State, I do not see local men, REGARDLESS OF RACE, view their women as treasures, the way Texas men do.

Now, compare that to the way many (not all) Chinese women are treated.

But, as a true Texan, I will give full credit to any man who treats "his woman" as a treasure. I just assume that if you do, you have a little TX in you too. If not, I'm sorry that "his woman" offends you...as you obviously have no clue.

Californian by residence...Texan by the Grace of God.

Guess I am pushing toward the way we all feel when we go to China, or the reaction from others we receive, is somewhat similar to the way a Texan is treated and feels outside his home state.

Allthough much less noticable at first. subtle.

I think I need a new thread a bit more inclusive.

Want to see how long this thread can stay in culture before it is sent to the TC. Best way is no posts, which is about what I would expect.

Is it the way we walk?

Talk?

Do we have a can do attitude that teams well with the Chinese attitude of there always being a way to acomplish something, and the "do" ethic?

Maybe we are uglier than the rest of you gents and that makes us monsters very attractive.

Do we take more risks?

Shoe size?

Big Hands?

What is it?

It's because we have BIG...

Ten Gallon Hats :D

Andrew

SO didn't even know where Texas was on the map. :Dah:

Neither did mine. Oh I take that back, she had a Texas driving handbook from a man she formed a small consulting company with who was in Houston area, but worked with her company. She didn't get here on a business visa so... But she did not know anything about Dallas or Ft Worth and I had to send pics and maps to compare the 2 for her.

They don't need to know where it is. You are all the Texas she needs to know and like. Now why? B)

Now will she be able to stand it once here? :Dah:

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

All right, Michael, be careful here ........hehehehe, you know he's right about us Texas men being GREAT! Heck, I'll bet if all the CHinese girls knew how great we were they'd probally hold out for one - don't ya think? Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw! Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!Yee haw, yee haw, yee haw!

Love you, bro.

Wheel Man

How did I miss this thread?

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it and, as in other religions, few people dare to inspect it for fear of losing their bearings in mystery or paradox. But I think there will be little quarrel with my feeling that Texas is one thing. For all its enormous range of space, climate, and physical appearance, and for all the internal squabbles, contentions, and strivings, Texas has a tight cohesiveness perhaps stronger than any other section of America. Rich, poor, Panhandle, Gulf, city, country, Texas is the obsession, the proper study and the passionate possession of all Texans." - John Steinbeck 1962

"If a man¡¯s from Texas, he¡¯ll tell you. If he¡¯s not, why embarrass him by asking?"

-U.S. journalist John Gunther regarding legendary Texas pride

Which reminds me of what happened on the train I was on the other day. While I was sitting there talking to the conductor, a drunk came up to him and said he wanted to buy a ticket to hell. The conductor turned to him and said, fine, that will be $89.00 and you can get off at any stop in Florida. Those Amtrak guys know there stuff. And God Bless Texas!

As aye,

Jim

Sniff...SNIFF

Smelling a huge load of manure here :Dah:

Is it the way we walk?

Talk?

Do we take more risks?

Shoe size?

Big Hands?

What is it?

Ten Gallon Hats :Dah:

Andrew

NO. Because you have BIG Ten Gallon women! :Dah:

What did I last.....maybe, 24 hours? B)

Is it the way we walk?

Talk?

Do we take more risks?

Shoe size?

Big Hands?

What is it?

Ten Gallon Hats B)

Andrew

NO. Because you have BIG Ten Gallon women! ;)

What did I last.....maybe, 24 hours? :Dah:

Jealous? :Dah:

Is it the way we walk?

Talk?

Do we take more risks?

Shoe size?

Big Hands?

What is it?

Ten Gallon Hats B)

Andrew

NO. Because you have BIG Ten Gallon women! :P

What did I last.....maybe, 24 hours? :D

Jealous? :lol:

Aren't all non-Texans? :P

As aye,

Jim

OK Dennis is back. Us Texans can welcome him. Hey you can cuss us out and then we know your our friend. :D

Thanks for coming back man. B)

Even if you are a little jealous. :lol: One point I tried to start up in another thread is that there is a bit of an independent spirit about most of us in CFL or we probably would not have a Chinese lady or be associated with China in the first place. But, as most Texans know, we are a bit different than those raised in other states - generally speaking, IMHO. And as I was trying to say earlier that after moving to another state some women seem to get a bit measmerized, whereas in Texas nothing. So Dennis, those big women you keep mentioning don't seem to care for me so much.