K-1,second denial...i am devastated, help plz

The 1st denial, they asked for

1.Proof of my purchase of the tickets to China. (7 of them)

2.My personal statement.

3.Cosponsor's personal statement stating why he is willing to help me.

4.My 2003/2004 tax return.

my girl submitted all those today. Now, they want more!!!

1.Cosponsor's 2003/2004 tax return

--------------

Case info:

Cosponsor is my step-father and he is retired.

He brought me here long time ago.

I am in college but im gonna graduate very soon.

I met my girl in middle school in China and the relation started from there.

Ok, i heard people from Fujian province are been treated very different than the others.

I and my fiancee are both from Fujian.

---------------

what is it they are really looking for? am i screwed? :D

i am planning to seek help from house rep. and senator. Is that gonna do any good? thx guys~

------

Edited by leorc (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

The 1st denial, they asked for

1.Proof of my purchase of the tickets to China. (7 of them)

2.My personal statement.

3.Cosponsor's personal statement stating why he is willing to help me.

4.My 2003/2004 tax return.

my girl submitted all those today. Now, they want more!!!

1.Cosponsor's 2003/2004 tax return

--------------

Case info:

Cosponsor is my step-father and he is retired.

He brought me here long time ago.

I am in college but im gonna graduate very soon.

I met my girl in middle school in China and the relation started from there.

Ok, i heard people from Fujian province are been treated very different than the others.

I and my fiancee are both from Fujian.

---------------

what is it they are really looking for? am i screwed? :(

i am planning to seek help from house rep. and senator. Is that gonna do any good? thx guys~

------

Actually, though your process is being delayed, I view this as a positive. If you require a sponsor to meet the minimum income requirements for sponsoring a foreign national on a marriage-based visa, then the US government requires proof that you and your co-sponsor are able to meet the financial obligations. This proof comes in the form of previous tax returns, proof of employment, income, bank statements, and asset lists.

Most everyone has easy access to previous years tax returns. Get them as quickly as possible. Try scanning them to PDF, along with the associate W2. That way you can mail and have a record.

Be patient. Handle with reason and logic. Give them what they want.

A little bit more perseverance and you'll able to achieve the goal.

Your case doen'st sound too bad.

7 tickets to China and your stepfather is cosponsoring you, it's not surprising they question your source of finance. Lots of Fujian people got their visas. They do jobs based on immigration law and evidence.

Be confident, dude.

You are using a cosponsor. Supply all the evidence you can that they can support and meet the minimum financial requirements. If retired, what income does he have? Give proof! bank statement, letter from bank, income tax copies, social security or other retirement benefit statements (6 months). They are asking for proof which has not yet been satisfied. Get everything together and present it. This is the time for throwing in the kitchen sink.

I too would view your situation in a positive light. They did not send your case back to the States. It seems as though they were happy with the first set of overcome evidence that you supplied. Just give them the additional information that they have requested and if your co-sponsor meets the financial requirements, you should be home free. Don't waste your time contacting your rep or senator. Things should be fine. Good Luck!

7 tickets to China and your stepfather is cosponsoring you, it's not surprising they question your source of finance. Lots of Fujian people got their visas. They do jobs based on immigration law and evidence.

Be confident, dude.

The denial reason is somewhat obvious.. how can you go to china 7 times and yet need a co-sponsor... they wanted proof of how you got to china and how paid for it...

You must submit taxes for co-sponsors.. so second denial reason obvious again.

you don't need government intervention... Just give them what they want...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Try to find the credit card statements for your tickets. This will tell them who paid, and when. I would also get an apprasial on the house from the co-sponsor for additional proof of enough money available. Submit that also. If he is retired this will help very much.

You won't get any help from the Senator or Congressman.

Be confident, dude.

The denial reason is somewhat obvious.. how can you go to china 7 times and yet need a co-sponsor... they wanted proof of how you got to china and how paid for it...

You must submit taxes for co-sponsors.. so second denial reason obvious again.

you don't need government intervention... Just give them what they want...

I agree with the others. While there may be good and valid reasons relating to how you were able to visit China so often and yet need a co-sponsor, on paper it could easily raise the issue. Assuming the explanations are appropriate, providing the additional information related to the co-sponsor's income taxes appear to be simply part of the documentation process. Good luck