When DCF how long does it take to hear from them

Hello Friends,

I filed for my husband In Beijing with the homeland security. So far it's been more than two months (I think I filed on Aug. 3rd 2006) and I haven't heard anything. Just a little concerned cause I'm six months pregnant now and want to know around the time, He'd have his interview. I'll be staying in China to have this baby and want to make sure it's either before or after the baby is due but not around the same time. Baby is due Feb 1st. Also I will be asked to sign another contract with the school here, I need to know if I should sign for a year or just six months. So I've been eager to hear something from homeland security or the Embassy so I can calculate about how long this process will take.

When I filed, I wrote the address of the School in English. While I was there they asked to have it written in Chinese. Of course I didn't know Chinese so I asked some girl in the office at the time when I was there to write it. Well, she needed to know how to pronounce it in Chinese in order to write it correctly. I didn't know How to pronounce it with the right tones in Chinese, so she just wrote down what she thought the address might be in Chinese. Once I got home, I tried to fax a copy of the true address but when I called to see if they got it, they said they hadn't. So again about a week later, I faxed it to them again. The person I talked with on the phone from homeland security said he'd call me back if he didn't get it. He never called me back so I assumed he got the second fax with my school address in Chinese. But now since it's been more than two months since I Filed and I haven't heard anything, I'm wondering if they have the correct address in Chinese? What do you think? Should I give it more time or should I try to contact homeland security and confirm that they have the correct address in Chinese?

Hello Friends,

I filed for my husband In Beijing with the homeland security. So far it's been more than two months (I think I filed on Aug. 3rd 2006) and I haven't heard anything. Just a little concerned cause I'm six months pregnant now and want to know around the time, He'd have his interview. I'll be staying in China to have this baby and want to make sure it's either before or after the baby is due but not around the same time. Baby is due Feb 1st. Also I will be asked to sign another contract with the school here, I need to know if I should sign for a year or just six months. So I've been eager to hear something from homeland security or the Embassy so I can calculate about how long this process will take.

When I filed, I wrote the address of the School in English. While I was there they asked to have it written in Chinese. Of course I didn't know Chinese so I asked some girl in the office at the time when I was there to write it. Well, she needed to know how to pronounce it in Chinese in order to write it correctly. I didn't know How to pronounce it with the right tones in Chinese, so she just wrote down what she thought the address might be in Chinese. Once I got home, I tried to fax a copy of the true address but when I called to see if they got it, they said they hadn't. So again about a week later, I faxed it to them again. The person I talked with on the phone from homeland security said he'd call me back if he didn't get it. He never called me back so I assumed he got the second fax with my school address in Chinese. But now since it's been more than two months since I Filed and I haven't heard anything, I'm wondering if they have the correct address in Chinese? What do you think? Should I give it more time or should I try to contact homeland security and confirm that they have the correct address in Chinese?

Hey Harvestgal, if it's been more than 2 months, I think you could call the BJ homeland security office again and check to see whether or not your case got the initial approval. We called the homeland security office 2 months after we filed for DCF, and someone over the phone confirmed our initial approval. As for the address situation, yeah it's better to contact them ASAP and confirm whether or not they made the change, so as not to have any potential delays to your case. Congratulations on the baby!

Hey Harvestgal, if it's been more than 2 months, I think you could call the BJ homeland security office again and check to see whether or not your case got the initial approval. We called the homeland security office 2 months after we filed for DCF, and someone over the phone confirmed our initial approval. As for the address situation, yeah it's better to contact them ASAP and confirm whether or not they made the change, so as not to have any potential delays to your case. Congratulations on the baby!

Thanks Brut,

My husband called. It hasn't been approved yet, but they said I should give it a few more weeks. So we are just waiting, but so happy that we are waiting together.