Hmmm.. slight paranoia.. possibility for RFE's?

I just sent in my I-129F about 2-3 weeks ago and I received my first NOA last week.

However, I am beginning to have a slight (almost abnormal if you would say)

paranoia for the possibility of an RFE. I have been reading up over at VJ

forums on some people with new RFE's being received for not providing the beneficiary's BC.

I did not provide the beneficiary's BC either. I did not read anywhere in the

instructions it was needed--however there have been quite a few reports of

RFE's just because the USCIS wanted them for really...no reason. So pretty much I guess very case specific, but that makes me worried too.

Another thing that is constantly hindering up on my paranoia is the possibility of getting a RFE because I don't have our engagement ring receipt translated into English. I bought the ring in China, so the copy is actually all in Chinese. I guess I was under the assumption that I

didn't need to translate it because it wasn't an official document (such as a

birth certificate, passport, or etc)... but if it is used as evidence for us two meeting in person, I guess it should have been translated then (makes sense), eh?

Now these two things (& maybe others too if I become even more paranoid, hehe) make me worry that I might get a RFE... Any thoughts?

O Woe is me. Thanks. :)

I have been reading up over at VJ

forums on some people with new RFE's being received for not providing the beneficiary's BC.

I have not heard or read that the beneficiary's birth certificate is a new requirement for the I-129F. I don't believe that is the case. I know other's who are more up on any new requirements will share their knowledge about this. You should have sent a copy of your birth certificate. As far as the ring receipt-- as long as you have plenty of other evidence, such as boarding passes, pictures of you together, hotel receipts, etc, that should not be a problem. :)

Proof of engagement is not required, only that you can prove the two of you had met face to face in the two years prior to submitting the petition. All the stuff you hear about something being required is worthy of a grain of salt unless it is written in the instructions. Some of the extra might be prudent, but many get through without it just fine.

As far as a BC, I don't think that is a requirement for a fiancee petition. After ours was filed I read something similar and had my then fiancee, send me a copy just in case. She got 3 or 4 copies at the notary office and mailed me one. Although I never got a RFE, they did leave it on someone's desk for a month after it was approved; then mailed it to the wrong place and took six more weeks getting it back at NSC. NSC finally got it sent to the right place but about 3 months later than it should have been. Wonder if they were pissed because I didn't include the BC?

I know that the engagement ring receipt was optional--however, the concern that I have is just that EVERYTHING must be submitted in English or else I'll get an RFE. I believe a month ago I asked if the optional ring receipt had to be in English or not and I think a response was that it didn't matter...however now as I think of it and ask some more people over at VJ (!), it seems to have contradicted to what I was thinking earlier...

But anyways, I think everything that must be submitted to the USCIS must be in English (even though I think I have sufficient OTHER evidence of meeting in person)... so if that's right, I probably will get an RFE then... :(

The question then becomes ... if USCIS gives me an RFE because I have submitted something in non-English or if USCIS disregards the "receipt" as evidence, but still continuing on with the other evidence that I submitted.

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)

I filed my I-129F on the new forms and no where did it ask for my SO birth certificate. Of course I am still waiting for my P-2. :rolleyes:

I filed with a birth certificate, more as a catch all. They have the statement that says:

If either of you is of an age that requires special consent or permission for you to marry in the jurisdiction where your marriage will occur, give proof of that consent or permission;

After reading this I figured someone might question age at some point and decided to just head it off at the pass.

As for being specifically required, it's not on the list of requirement as best as I can see, but then again it can't hurt you if you give it.