Notarial Unmarried Certificate

Hello everyone!

Upon picking up the sealed medical at the hospital today near 3:00PM, they had a check list. My SO and I had every bit of information except one, the notarial unmarried certificate. I had asked her if she had that and she said I have! Well, we don't!

Now, she is on the jet from Guangzhou to Guilin and then bus to Xing'an to retrieve the certificate. She will get to Xing'an about 10:00 PM tonight where someone has agreed to furnish her with the needed certificate. My SO will take an 8:00AM flight from Guilin back to Guangzhou in the morning arriving here (I'm still here waiting in Guangzhou) around 9:00AM. Since her interview is scheduled at 7:15AM, she will be late! I'm going to be at the consulate and hopefully have talked with someone asking them to wait the few hours. Heck, I think they could do that for a five minute interiview!

If anyone has any information that may help us, please let me know. I'll have enough trouble just getting on the metro, changing stations and making it to the consulate in the morning.

Still hopefull,

Mr Bill :(

Why can't she just get this done in GUZ for a statement? I'd be inclined to be in GUZ for the interview rather than risk a reschedule...

The 7:15 time is just the time that everyone gets lined up outside the consulate.. they might not even be let in till 8:00... but I suspect that you should try to talk to someone to find out how late is late enough.

Why can't she just get this done in GUZ for a statement? I'd be inclined to be in GUZ for the interview rather than risk a reschedule...

The 7:15 time is just the time that everyone gets lined up outside the consulate.. they might not even be let in till 8:00... but I suspect that you should try to talk to someone to find out how late is late enough.

Thank you for the information! My SO has already left for Guilin and will return to Guangzhou in the morning near 9:00. I imagine that it will take her another half hour to get to the consulate from the airport. Yes! I plan on being there very early to talk to someone. I keep hoping for the best! I stayed in Guangzhou to save a little money and besides, she will be able to get things done faster that way. My only job is to find and get to the consulate in the morning.