What documents need to be notarized for a CR1 interview?

I'm preparing the paperwork I need to bring for my wife's CR1 interview on Oct. 30th, and would appreciate if someone could tell me exactly which documents need to be notarized for her to present to the VO. My dear wife has told me that my divorce decree must be notarized, and my belief is that only the I-1864 needs notarization. Earlier she had insisted that my last 3 years tax returns had to be, (but I've cleared that up with her and we both agree they don't need notarization), and have the last 3 years in the form of IRS transcripts. (I know I only need the last years but I'm going with the kitchen sink approach.:wub: ) I will be with her and she'll have my passport to present, my employer's letter, and all the other financial supporting documents that I'm lucky enough not to need but am bringing anyway. Can anyone assure me that the I-864 is the only document that needs to be notarized for a CR1 case, single divorce US citizen, with tax transcripts who will be in GZ for her interview? Thanks so much for your help!

Unlike a beta designated post where the I-864 is mandatory at time of interview, Guangzhou is an alpha designated post where the process, including the I-864, is handled through the NVC before sent to the consulate.

Technically, an I-864 isn't needed but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one, even if it's only for a sense of security and a knowledge that all grounds that can be thought of have been covered.

This situation is only good for the IV applicant.

The only thing you NEED to notarize is a fresh I-864. The need to notarize anything else is heresay.

Please note that the requirements for the recently updated I-864 family of forms (I-864, I-864A, I-864EZ) are different. One big recent change is that notarizations for I-864-type forms is no longer required.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19521

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks Don and Oleoman, I did go to the court today and got a certified, officially stamped divorce decree (it's nearly illegible but it's got the darn stamp!), and your point Don about your wife's comfort and confidence being more important than whether something is right or wrong. I had come to the same conclusion, but it's good to hear it from someone else. It's news to me about the I-864 not requiring notarization, I spoke with a good immigration attorney just this morning and reviewed my paperwork, and she thought it needed to be notarized. Even though it appears that GUZ says they don't need it, I know my wife will be happier, and more confident when she enters the interview on Oct. 30th if I have it, and that's the key to doing the best I can for her to come out with that lovely pink slip we both are praying for. Xie, Xie to you all!

I was sent the old form that needed notorizing and did that. The one for the daughter was sent back and I had to do a new one. I looked on the gov net and found the new form. I went ahead and sent the old one notorized, because I started with it.

We did so many things for the K3 interview that my wife felt very confident, which was worth all the trouble to me. Heck she was told to have proof that I had a place for her to live, so I got certified stamped & etc documents from the county on my house deed and the special deed from the divorce showing ex interest went to me. Also I sent recent utility bills. I sent a letter from my bank of the total deposites for the last 12 months, as well as the letter from my work. Sent last 3 of the taxes but I agree the IRS duplicates are better. Then pics and etc. Sent color copy of passport, and a bunch of other documents. We will update what is needed for the CR1/2 interview. Heck I had it in folders all organized and she reorganized her way so she could pull things out quickly.

Yes kitchen sink worth it so her confidence is there and she has data to overcome any comments the VO might make. Or she just pulls it and talks.

Wish you the very very best. Have fun.