is vaccination form need for AOS filing of 1-485

I am trying to get the packet together and I am just curious if this is needed... I know I should be able to find this out by reading, but I am getting tunnel vision.......

help?

The instructions say that you dont need to send the I-163 vac sup. you will need it for the interview. We did not send ours and had no problems. Some have said they were RFEd for it-not sure why?? The smart money says send everything they need and more as some have gottn the GC without an interview but only if everything was sent.

I am trying to get the packet together and I am just curious if this is needed... I know I should be able to find this out by reading, but I am getting tunnel vision.......

help?

I live in VA. Our AOS interview was at the Washington D.C. office in Fairfax, probably where yours will be also.

I don't know how it is now but I filed the I-485 et al without the I-693. The best I can remember is that the instructions didn't specifically demand it, so I didn't see any reason in sending it in. I still had to find a civil surgeon yet.

I never received a RFE on it and just before the interview, we got the I-693 done where I turned it in to the IO. The IO didn't even ask for it! I handed it to the IO and the IO said, "yes thank you; I would need that.".........lol. That's how it worked for us. :unsure:

I would say to you, hell yeah,,,turn your I-485 in and wait til later for the I-693, but I don't want you to take a chance and forfeit your fee over it. So maybe, to be on the safe side, get the I-693 done before sending in the I-485.

-good luck

help?

According to the I-485 instructions this is optional, BUT since they started having us mail the application to Chicago people have received RFE's for the I-693 Vaccination Supplement.

It may take you a few hours of phone calls to locate a civil surgeon to complete the form, but it sure beats the possible slowdown caused by an RFE.

Be cautious about civil surgeons who insist on a full medical exam you need to take the Instructions for the I-485 and highlight the section on page 3 that applies to you. Anyone insisting on a full exam, HIV testing or TB test is taking advantage of you, just call around until you get one to do the proper form for you. Also check with your local health department, they may do it or know someone who does this without all the grief.