Waiting for NVC

After finally waiting what seemed to be an eternity for my K1 to clear the CSC, I am once again in limbo, waiting almost 2 months for the NVC to clear my petition. Seems like most people have gotten clearance within 28 days on average. I'm getting a little concerned about being one of those unlucky few that have gotten their petitions overly delayed (or forgotten) at the NVC for unknown reasons.

I've called the NVC Customer Service hotline a bunch of times and so far, the automated response says that my case is "not in their response system" yet. However, I also got a hold of a human operator there a couple of times and they said the NVC has received my petiition, but it is under "administrative review." The person there said it could be in this status for an indefinite period of time and was not very forthcoming about what that meant.

I am thinking of taking up the advice of some of the other members here in the past that said they contacted their US Senator/Representative's office to have them follow up with their case, which sped things up. However, I don't know long I should wait it out before escalating it with my congressional office. Anyone else received this "administrative review" response for this long? When can I at least expect to have my petition status available on their automated phone response system?

I'm not sure. But I am the few unlucky ones. My I-129F petition was approved and forwarded to NVC on July 25, 2006. I have yet got an answer from NVC if they receive my petition or not. Everytime I call, I would get an answer saying that they have not receive my petition and I should wait 90 days. I've never gotten anyone from NVC saying that my case is under administrative review. I rather get that than the normal "we do not have any record of your case" answer. I've sent "Privacy Release Form" to my two senators (Boxer and Feinstein) and they have yet to review my case.

My application has been in administrative review at the NVC since March. In July, I wrote to my senators for help. I got a form letter reply a few weeks ago from one senator that was no help, nothing from the other.

In August, I hired a lawyer who specializes in fiancee visa applications. He said that getting additional info in front of the NVC/FBI people at this stage is one of the hardest things to do. He plans to petition the NVC for permission to give them additional evidence in my case. He said that most fiancee visa lawyers merely tell their clients to wait it out, but he intends to be more proactive.

The lawyer thinks that, in my case, the delay is due to my first wife (a Russian) leaving the country abruptly in 2004, and they don't know officially where she is. But we're not certain what the issue(s) may be since the app simply vanished into the black hole and nobody's talking.

I used this same lawyer to get the visa for my first wife and was impressed with his ability then, so I figured paying him to pry the app loose from the NVC would be worth the money. I had already completed all the forms, so I really didn't need him for that. But others have waited for a year or longer at the NVC, and if I can cut the wait time, it will be worth it to me.

Good luck!

Brian

I also am wating for NVC. It has been over 7 weeks since my NOA2. I just called and they said this is normal right now, nothing to worry about.

It is just in Admisitrative reveiw. What ever that means? I will call again soon and ask for more detail on what this means? Nothing in our back grounds to need extra review except my fiance has a very common name.

Don

My K3 had been under admin process for over 14 month(dont want to discourage you guys), and there is nothing you can do except email NVC on a weekly basis. I think you have to wait certain time before a senator/congressman will help you.(admin process over 6 months is behind the normal time frame and then a senator/congressman will do the relevant inquiry)