How do u tell when GUZ picked the mail?

I saw some CFL members posted the date when GUZ picked DHL delivery. How did you tell for sure exactly when GUZ picked it up, and what is picked up is exactly your petition?

From my experience, i don't know exactly on which date NVC sent the package in the first place. All i was told is that it was sent on the week of 8/10. Is it 8/8 or 8/8 or 8/10? I don't know. Secondly, there might be multiple packages sent out on the same date from nvc to guz which were either picked at different dates or have been stuck at the customs waiting to be picked. Without definite information on when it was sent and on which dhl package contain your petition, how do tell?

I have been tracking DHL packages sent on 8/9 and 8/10 from NVC to Guangzhou China. All but two have been delivered in the second week. The remaining two (number 9162410460 and 9162447221) have been "at Gateway" in China since 8/21. After i called DHL on the status of the two, they updated status to "Please contact DHL". I'm not sure if but only guess mine is among the two since mine was leaving nvc on the week of 8/10 and guz has not have my petition yet. It's interesting to note that all delivered packages weights 1 lb while the two "stucked" weight 5lbs and 7lbs each. Does the weight of the package mean anything?

I'm going to tell you the one thing you don't want to hear: give it a rest.

I waited one month to call DOS... by then, it was in the computer and going on it's merry way... If you can wait a month, call DOS. If you cannot wait one month out of your life, then attempt to track a DHL package which is going to sit in a warehouse anyway...

You will need to call the National Visa Center 1 or 2 times a week to find out when they received your case from the service center, and when they sent it on to Guangzhou. Then you can track it on DHL

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

There are usually more than 1 package sent so track them both.

You don't know which is yours, you can only guess. I never bothered with tracking it there for just that reason. I suppose it does give people something to do and a feeling of being pro-active. It is one of the most helpless parts of the process.