finally home

We made it back from Guangzhou on Wednesday morning and since it has been go go go. I think Neely is struggling somewhat with the change. I tried American food one time and she did not like it but would not say so. Most of the Chinese restaurants were even worse. I bought the rice cooker, wok, and bamboo steamer but she is uncomfortable cooking for the most part. She is doing her best to please me but it is wearing on her.

We have been to Chinatown on multiple occassions. I think more than anything she wants to be taught how to cook. I also need to learn how to prepare Chinese dishes and probably should have learned already. When you spend so little time together it is hard to anticipate everything.

You can't anticipate everything and you shouldn't try to 'entertain' her 24/7. Relax (this has been hard for me too!). She might adjust easier if you guys just eat Chinese food at home for the time being. Get her acquainted with the area slowly. Be solicitious of her feelings.

I wish you two the best in life!

We made it back from Guangzhou on Wednesday morning and since it has been go go go. I think Neely is struggling somewhat with the change. I tried American food one time and she did not like it but would not say so. Most of the Chinese restaurants were even worse. I bought the rice cooker, wok, and bamboo steamer but she is uncomfortable cooking for the most part. She is doing her best to please me but it is wearing on her.

We have been to Chinatown on multiple occassions. I think more than anything she wants to be taught how to cook. I also need to learn how to prepare Chinese dishes and probably should have learned already. When you spend so little time together it is hard to anticipate everything.

If she dont cook she dont cook, it wont do any good buying her a damn cooook book

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)