alien registration number

This number is assigned by USCIS. It normally appears on any Notice of Action(I-797C) they send you. It will be listed in BENEFICIARY box and look like A9x 1xx 7xx.

Since you are just starting to file and using the I-129F, Fill in NONE. She does not have one yet. They will assign it once your application is received. Then they will send you your first I-797C (Notice of Action) also known as P1. It will have her alien registration number listed. You should then reference it in any further forms you fill out.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

This number is assigned by USCIS. It normally appears on any Notice of Action(I-797C) they send you. It will be listed in BENEFICIARY box and look like A9x 1xx 7xx.

Since you are just starting to file and using the I-129F, Fill in NONE. She does not have one yet. They will assign it once your application is received. Then they will send you your first I-797C (Notice of Action) also known as P1. It will have her alien registration number listed. You should then reference it in any further forms you fill out.

Thank you for the late night responce.

Roy

good comments.. I want to use this in the FAQ on alien registration number.. although I thought the number gets assigned with the NOA-2 / P-2... do you (or anyone) have a P-1 available to look to see if it comes with P-1 or P-2?

good comments.. I want to use this in the FAQ on alien registration number.. although I thought the number gets assigned with the NOA-2 / P-2... do you (or anyone) have a P-1 available to look to see if it comes with P-1 or P-2?

Yes, I looked at my NOA-1 / P-1 before I answered the question.

I have copies of ALL our douments, forms and applications ever sent to/from USCIS.

Just as a precaution to the unexpected. Heaven knows we've seen it before.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

On our K1 NOA-1, she received her A#.