name error...

Finally... I recieved my welcome letter... but... there is an error... in my name...

I don't know how did they figure out a middle name for me but I assume that's gonna cost some problem in the future if I don't fix it so I called CIS three times.

They told me to make a copy of 797, point out the error and send by over night express mail along with a cover letter. Also I fount out that there is no confirm letter to expect. If my letter gets there before the green card printed, I am lucky. If not, I will have to go through another process...

Sorry for the complain but how many errors are they gonna have in one process? First didn't change my address, I have to call they again and again to figure out my interview, then, sent my finger print appointment to my old address which was properly changed half year ago... :D good thing I made to the interview and got the appointment... now... wrong name... the process itself is stressful enough... and they just couldn't make anything easier...

Sorry for the complaining...

Just so let anyone know that, if you can, don't ever change your address... save yourself some problem...

Sorry to hear of yet another mess for you. It is really important, though, to get the name correct on the green card. I wonder if you might make an infopass to the Portland office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport - that will serve until the actual green card gets fixed. If it hasn't been printed yet, maybe they can help with that, too.

:roller: Thats a good idea. If I don't think I can wait anymore, I might give a shot.

BTW, do you have the address for protland office?

Sorry to hear of yet another mess for you. It is really important, though, to get the name correct on the green card. I wonder if you might make an infopass to the Portland office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport - that will serve until the actual green card gets fixed. If it hasn't been printed yet, maybe they can help with that, too.

:roller: Thats a good idea. If I don't think I can wait anymore, I might give a shot.

Make sure you get the I-551 stamp done before fighting the other battles, that way you are covered on work and travel.

:) Thats a good idea. If I don't think I can wait anymore, I might give a shot.

511 NW Broadway

Portland, OR 97209

Close to Greyhoud Bus Depot and Union Station..

:blink: Thats a good idea. If I don't think I can wait anymore, I might give a shot.

511 NW Broadway

Portland, OR 97209

Close to Greyhoud Bus Depot and Union Station..

Thanks!

BTW, I just recieved my green card today with a wrong name on it. But at the bottom, it has the correct name. Do you think I could use that one and go get a I-551 so I can travel and work before the right card arrives? :roller:

I just sent the correction letter yesterday but the lady on phone says that I will have to go through another process if my card has been printed... do I have to call and "go through another process"?

Edited by rosyanne (see edit history)