what does this mean?

As far as I can tell, it means nothing to us.

This is the Chinese consulate in the US; not the US Consulate in China.

Authenication of documents usually occurs with documents which are not native, or from foreign sources that contain a notarial stamp, etc.

One authenticates the signature, not really stating whether the contents are valid/true/correct.

Sounds like some procedural change occurring at the chinese consulate.. don't see yet where that has any bearing on our plight.

Just read your comments again... since you asking about a US document meant for the chinese consulate. Again, sounds procedural, as in, inhouse.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

As far as I can tell, it means nothing to us.

This is the Chinese consulate in the US; not the US Consulate in China.

Authenication of documents usually occurs with documents which are not native, or from foreign sources that contain a notarial stamp, etc.

One authenticates the signature, not really stating whether the contents are valid/true/correct.

Sounds like some procedural change occurring at the chinese consulate.. don't see yet where that has any bearing on our plight.

Just read your comments again... since you asking about a US document meant for the chinese consulate. Again, sounds procedural, as in, inhouse.

thanks david

http://www.nyconsulate.prchina.org/eng/notice/t272135.htm

Not sure what this means. Recently sent in "affidavit of single status" papers.

For our purposes it means something to those who are preparing to marry in China. They are simply saying that internal government agencies have requested that they change the order of the pages and put the Consular certification(s) behind or under the original documents they are certifying.

Some had no problem, but I had a shocking hard time getting a single status paper from our Gov in China. So I would still get cert of single status in the states before I went to get married in China, if I had it to do again, or any other docs you need that can be taken care of here.

Be sure that you get the single certificate translated in Chinese, sworn, and notorized before taking it to China.