I remember doing some reading several months back about the sealed brown envelope being opened when you hit the POE. I asked Manyun where hers was, and she said that the VO took it during her non-interview last Thursday.

As we were blue slipped, will this envelope be returned to Mayun when we get off of this merry-go-round called "Overcome", or should the VO have handed it back to her before she left the window? I leave for the US Friday, I will not be here to help her with this, so I want to know if there is something I need to do before we hit the Thursday evening Nanning-to-GUZ sleeper-bus Express. Hell, we can't even get an overcome date yet.

Thanks

The sealed broen envelope that is opened at POE is provided to the applicant when the visa is picked up. It is in the package with passort that is picked up at the Post Office

Thank you very much for the response. Sorry, but something is still confusing me. After asking Manyun repeatedly about the envelope, she said that she handed it to the VO. Well, come to find out (since I found the torn envelope) that the VO asked her to rip it open and hand him the contents. This is normal? Do they repackage everything when they give it back? Thank you in advance. I tried a couple of searches on CFL but couldn't come up with an applicable post or thread.

There are two brown envelopes in sequence.

The one that you get at the hospital is opened during the visa interview and the consulate keeps the contents at that point.

When you go to the post office to pick up the visa they give you a new brown envelope. This is the one with the infamous cut off corner. You give this brown envelope to Immigration at the US POE.

There are two brown envelopes in sequence.

The one that you get at the hospital is opened during the visa interview and the consulate keeps the contents at that point.

When you go to the post office to pick up the visa they give you a new brown envelope. This is the one with the infamous cut off corner. You give this brown envelope to Immigration at the US POE.

Thank you very much. I completely understand now

Just make sure you have everything with your "carry on"

when you travel.

I remember a post where someone put their packet with

their checked luggage.

When I came to Guangzhou last week to meet Manyun for the interview-that-never-was, I had ALL of the evidence in my carry-on. I figured that everything else was expendible.

Now that we are Blue-Slipped, and Manyun is moving from Nanning to Guangzhou to live with her sister until this is over, the evidence will be safe with her. HOWEVER, I will remind her what you said, that the most important information HAS to be in the carry-on luggage. Thanks for the reminder.

Mike

Edited by Michael and Manyun (see edit history)

Just make sure you have everything with your "carry on"

when you travel.

I remember a post where someone put their packet with

their checked luggage.

When I came to Guangzhou last week to meet Manyun for the interview-that-never-was, I had ALL of the evidence in my carry-on. I figured that everything else was expendible.

Now that we are Blue-Slipped, and Manyun is moving from Nanning to Guangzhou to live with her sister until this is over, the evidence will be safe with her. HOWEVER, I will remind her what you said, that the most important information HAS to be in the carry-on luggage. Thanks for the reminder.

Mike

:guitar: May I ask why you were blue slipped to begin with? Why did the VO do that to your fiance? Thanks