Timeline Update

Hi all,

This is for really for David... I just wanted to update him on our CR-1.

I have been told that NVC received the I-130 on 8/28/2006.

K-3 is still in Customs... <_<

As always -> Thanks, David!! You're so cool! B)

And I cannot remember a more curved, symmetrical timeline :blink:

So, what you going to do.. start paying NVC bills or let it go?

Hahaha - right! Can you tell I use any excuse to waste time... even something as stupid as that takes my mind off the stress of this process for a few minutes anyway.

I even made myself some questionaire worksheets for NVC and GUZ to help track the progress of the 2 different Visas. Honestly, I am getting a little confused now that they are actually making progress :lol:

I'm still not sure about whether or not to drop the CR-1 yet... when I look at the timelines it still seems possible (if not feasible) that it could get to GUZ right at the end of when I see the K-3 getting completed. Would they merge them even if it arrived in a few days before the K-3 Interview?

I want her here as soon as possible, so the K-3 will be the way we'll go... unless the CR-1 arrives in the nick-of-time. So, I guess I don't know yet. :blink:

And I cannot remember a more curved, symmetrical timeline :)

So, what you going to do.. start paying NVC bills or let it go?

Hahaha - right! Can you tell I use any excuse to waste time... even something as stupid as that takes my mind off the stress of this process for a few minutes anyway.

I even made myself some questionaire worksheets for NVC and GUZ to help track the progress of the 2 different Visas. Honestly, I am getting a little confused now that they are actually making progress :blink:

I'm still not sure about whether or not to drop the CR-1 yet... when I look at the timelines it still seems possible (if not feasible) that it could get to GUZ right at the end of when I see the K-3 getting completed. Would they merge them even if it arrived in a few days before the K-3 Interview?

I want her here as soon as possible, so the K-3 will be the way we'll go... unless the CR-1 arrives in the nick-of-time. So, I guess I don't know yet. :lol:

It looks like a tight race...

The K3 can probably expect the P3 after 70+ days of leaving NVC: P4 after four months of leaving NVC (assuming no name check delays).

If you could get through NVC fairly fast (meaning 3 months or less), then I would do what I could to get a CR1 interview. Even if it mean delaying something on the K3 side. You've got to look at the hassle that adjust status in the US can be for some... and the wait for greencard based on your area.

If the CR1 has been sent to the consulate from NVC and the interview is about 30-40 days out, (this really represents the last chance possible), then you should send GUZ a message to that effect.. that means the CR1 case should be in-house in a month... and GUZ and flag it to be combined (and to take priority over the K3). But it must be physically there and entered to be combined. They won't delay the interview based on waiting for it. Either you have taken some measure to delay it or requested a delay to the consulate...