Checklist before sending in I-129F & final Qs

Hi everyone! I posted this on another forum, but I want to make sure and get more input before I send it out. I am ready to begin sending my original I-129F packet into the service center. I am planning to do so this upcoming Monday or Tuesday. I want to make sure I have everything, so can you make sure I have everything I need. My list in order (front to back) from what you see:

I have made two copies of everything (one for me to keep and one to send to my fiance later)

Payment Check for the Application

Cover Letter

I-129F Application

I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of Meeting In Person

G-325A Forms (Petitioner)

-w/ passport photo (placed in a bag attached to sheet of paper, behind G-325A form)

G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

-w/ passport photo (placed in a bag attached to sheet of paper, behind G-325A form)

Birth certificate (Petitioner)

Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner & Beneficiary)

Proof of having met in person in the past two years: All are copies,

-Passport Stamps

-Airline Itinerary

-Airline Boarding Passes

-Photographs (placed in a bag attached to sheet of paper)

-Engagement Ring Receipt

Proof of ongoing relationship

-Couple of pages of Emails

Being the extremely overally anal person that I am, I always feel like I¡¯m missing something. Anyways, I have some final questions.

-How should I send this? What carrier (UPS, FedEx) and what package options? Should I also get a tracking receipt or a ¡°receive¡± receipt or anything?

-Anything else I should do/check?

Thanks!

-How should I send this? What carrier (UPS, FedEx) and what package options? Should I also get a tracking receipt or a ¡°receive¡± receipt or anything?

Thanks!

What I did was send it via USPS First Class with Delivery Confirmation. Sent out 21st (Thursday). CSC received 24th (Following Monday). Received P1 back from CSC on the 28th (Following Friday).

So my suggestion would be to forgo the expensive FedEx/UPS delivery methods and go with standard ole USPS First Class Mail but others may, and probably will, disagree.

I spent a total of $2.xx to mail my package in. It was well worth it. :cheering:

Best wishes!

Thanks!

What I did was send it via USPS First Class with Delivery Confirmation. Sent out 21st (Thursday). CSC received 24th (Following Monday). Received P1 back from CSC on the 28th (Following Friday).

So my suggestion would be to forgo the expensive FedEx/UPS delivery methods and go with standard ole USPS First Class Mail but others may, and probably will, disagree.

I spent a total of $2.xx to mail my package in. It was well worth it. :cheering:

Best wishes!

DITTO!

I agree with the cheaper mailing method. I did the same for AOS mailing too.

The absence of any divorce decree must mean it's not applicable to both of you.

The only item that made we pause on seeing it was the emails, since they are not asked for and not sure if this becomes any source of questioning for a VO.

I keep thinking about the article that Ellis wrote about revealing earlier in the process (at petition submission) any flags. He seems to feel that revealing something like the couple not sharing a common language is good, since DHS will approve it and the consulate cannot claim it as new evidence [against the couple]. I'm unsure if this is good to do or not.

But, one could think in the reverse; emails that show the couple can communicate in a common language (if they truly can)...

What I did was to expand on the "Intent to Marry" to include an evolution of the relationship and how it culminated in an engagement... I know of a few others who did the same. I do wonder if this helps to dissuade the consulate from requesting it since DHS has approved it as fact.

I would only warn that anything that is above and beyond what they ask for should be very carefully thought through. My Intent letter was meticulously tied to other evidence, like passport entry dates, etc. I'm not sure I'm advising to do more than requested, only sharing some thoughts...

Hi everyone! I posted this on another forum, but I want to make sure and get more input before I send it out. I am ready to begin sending my original I-129F packet into the service center. I am planning to do so this upcoming Monday or Tuesday. I want to make sure I have everything, so can you make sure I have everything I need. My list in order (front to back) from what you see:

I have made two copies of everything (one for me to keep and one to send to my fiance later)

Cover Letter

I-129F Application

-Passport Stamps

-Airline Itinerary

-Airline Boarding Passes

-Engagement Ring Receipt

Being the extremely overally anal person that I am, I always feel like I’m missing something. Anyways, I have some final questions.

-How should I send this? What carrier (UPS, FedEx) and what package options? Should I also get a tracking receipt or a “receive” receipt or anything?

Thanks!

I sent mine express over night , i like making sure important things arrive fast , and i like the tracking , usps have

The only item that made we pause on seeing it was the emails, since they are not asked for and not sure if this becomes any source of questioning for a VO.

I keep thinking about the article that Ellis wrote about revealing earlier in the process (at petition submission) any flags. He seems to feel that revealing something like the couple not sharing a common language is good, since DHS will approve it and the consulate cannot claim it as new evidence [against the couple]. I'm unsure if this is good to do or not.

But, one could think in the reverse; emails that show the couple can communicate in a common language (if they truly can)...

What I did was to expand on the "Intent to Marry" to include an evolution of the relationship and how it culminated in an engagement... I know of a few others who did the same. I do wonder if this helps to dissuade the consulate from requesting it since DHS has approved it as fact.

I would only warn that anything that is above and beyond what they ask for should be very carefully thought through. My Intent letter was meticulously tied to other evidence, like passport entry dates, etc. I'm not sure I'm advising to do more than requested, only sharing some thoughts...

Hmm... I see then. So now the question is to whether to send in the emails or not. Well, originally I just wanted them (USCIS) to have the emails just to show my interest and intent. But I understand that also it could be too much and possibly raise flags. The emails do show that my SO and I can communicate fine. I was thinking just sending in SOME of the emails now, and then later at the interview providing additional proof of ongoing relationship such as letters, phone bills, more emails, chat logs, etc. So now the question is to include the emails or not... Hmmm .... :cheering:

We did something unusual. We filed THREE intents to marry, one from her, one from me, and one co-authored and notarized in China. We figured that it was a a good proof of meeting AND intent since we both had to be physically present in China to have the co-notarization done.

-James and Loving Candle

Thanks!

Best wishes!

DITTO!

I used USPS priority mail with online delivery confirmation. I didn't need tracking and two day delivery was fine but I wanted to know for sure the package got there and when.

Hmm... I see then. So now the question is to whether to send in the emails or not. Well, originally I just wanted them (USCIS) to have the emails just to show my interest and intent. But I understand that also it could be too much and possibly raise flags. The emails do show that my SO and I can communicate fine. I was thinking just sending in SOME of the emails now, and then later at the interview providing additional proof of ongoing relationship such as letters, phone bills, more emails, chat logs, etc. So now the question is to include the emails or not... Hmmm .... :cheering:

Certainly, I'm not try go dissuade you from submitting the emails.. There's so much variation and experiences that are successful... You should do what you think is best for your case.

If I had my mind set on sending them, I'd want to convey somewhere, maybe in the cover letter to note that the emails were written in english by both parties, not translations.. That the beneficary can speak english, so you share a common language (maybe this can go in Q.18 supplement part :cheering:

Certainly, I'm not try go dissuade you from submitting the emails.. There's so much variation and experiences that are successful... You should do what you think is best for your case.

If I had my mind set on sending them, I'd want to convey somewhere, maybe in the cover letter to note that the emails were written in english by both parties, not translations.. That the beneficary can speak english, so you share a common language (maybe this can go in Q.18 supplement part :cheering:

Ah, yes. Excellent idea. I think I'll do that. David, you are a genius. Hehe. Thanks.

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)

Cover Letter

I-129F Application

-Passport Stamps

-Airline Itinerary

-Airline Boarding Passes

-Engagement Ring Receipt

Being the extremely overally anal person that I am, I always feel like I¡¯m missing something. Anyways, I have some final questions.

Thanks!

Dave, do you not need birth certificates for both Petitioner & Beneficiary (with translation)? Also, make sure you print names on back of the passport photos. Mine were sent back because I forgot the names.

As aye,

Jim

Edited by SinoTexas (see edit history)

Cover Letter

I-129F Application

-Passport Stamps

-Airline Itinerary

-Airline Boarding Passes

-Engagement Ring Receipt

Thanks!

Dave, do you not need birth certificates for both Petitioner & Beneficiary (with translation)? Also, make sure you print names on back of the passport photos. Mine were sent back because I forgot the names.

As aye,

Jim

For the USC, you must submit proof of citizenship... A birth certificate or copy of passport can be submitted. (Most advise submitting all pages of the passport if you go that route :lol: ).

For the beneficiary, no birth certificate is needed. It will be needed to bring to the medical exam, as a notarial translation.

Good catch on the passport names on back...

I thought about that, then shifted my thinking to whether to suggest to do it also with the general pictures, then thought about my method which was to tape them to a piece of paper.. by the time I dropped the thought, I also dropped the passport issue :)

Cover Letter

I-129F Application

-Passport Stamps

-Airline Itinerary

-Airline Boarding Passes

-Engagement Ring Receipt

Being the extremely overally anal person that I am, I always feel like I’m missing something. Anyways, I have some final questions.

-How should I send this? What carrier (UPS, FedEx) and what package options? Should I also get a tracking receipt or a “receive” receipt or anything?

Thanks!

As aye,

Jim

For the USC, you must submit proof of citizenship... A birth certificate or copy of passport can be submitted. (Most advise submitting all pages of the passport if you go that route :tv_happy: ).

For the beneficiary, no birth certificate is needed. It will be needed to bring to the medical exam, as a notarial translation.

Good catch on the passport names on back...

I thought about that, then shifted my thinking to whether to suggest to do it also with the general pictures, then thought about my method which was to tape them to a piece of paper.. by the time I dropped the thought, I also dropped the passport issue :alldone:

Ah, yep. I also put the names on the back of the passport photos (both mine and my SO). I forgot to ask one tiny small question. I read in another topic about translations must accompany everything. However, when I bought the engagement ring, I bought it in China (as a surprise to my SO), so the text is Chinese. Will this be okay? I'm assuming others have or had this problem in the past, and it should be okay then? Thanks again, guys.

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)