Name Check Again?

We have been calling DOS regularly to see when we will get our interview date, and they told us that they are waiting for a date to come up.

However, after talking with someone today, they mentioned that it is actually in another Name Check. :D Is this normal to do a second name check? Why did they do this? I have been looking at other DCF schedules, and it seems that between p3 - p4 is fairly quick. Did I do something wrong? I am really scared of name check purgatory.

Also, on average, how will this push our interview date back? DOS said they started the name check in early September.

Thank you all.

We have been calling DOS regularly to see when we will get our interview date, and they told us that they are waiting for a date to come up.

However, after talking with someone today, they mentioned that it is actually in another Name Check. :D Is this normal to do a second name check? Why did they do this? I have been looking at other DCF schedules, and it seems that between p3 - p4 is fairly quick. Did I do something wrong? I am really scared of name check purgatory.

Also, on average, how will this push our interview date back? DOS said they started the name check in early September.

Thank you all.

It is difficult to predict the time it will take to do a name check. Are you sure this is not the first DOS/Consulate ordered name check?

When they get back the P3, particularly the DS-230 (Application for visa), this can trigger a namecheck based on info supplied... but it's not clear

DCF through BJ for our members has been about 7 months on average; Once P3 is returned about 106 days... Set your expectations on this.. anything sooner is a gift from the consulate :D