Namecheck complete, but no interview date yet

Hi guys, I called DOS this morning and was rewarded with this piece of info: our namecheck has been completed, and all paperwork sent back to GUZ, but no interview date has been set up yet, and the agent said we should contact GUZ for info about the interview date...

My question is: how long do we have to wait before GUZ finally gives us an interview date? Does anyone have any experience with exceedingly long waits?

Oh, and the agent sort of put me on my guard when she said sometimes there are cases where GUZ send Washington another request for a Namecheck, even if the 1st namecheck was completed... crossing my fingers... :lol:

brutrigem, I am just a little ahead of your case. When I called on 8/16 I was told the namecheck was complete and the file was being sent back to GZ. I called on 9/5 and was told my wife is now elgibile for interview and the file was entered in GZ system on 8/28. Base on response from CFL members they say the trend is P4 and interview dates are scheduled at end or beginning of each month. Do you feel lucky? :lol:

You can look at the timelines in Links & Resources... and at the statistics... but it appears that the DCFs are taking about 106 days from P3 out to Interview date.

I'm not sure why the DCFs are showing slower than the K#s once at P3 stage. In the past we've gotten conflicting info: That all visas are treated the same once at the consulates and that K# (or maybe it was K1) has some priority.

Since your only a month from returning P3, I'd be surprised if you got this this month. But faster times have shown up since the IMBRA held up many petitions from getting to the consulate.. but at some point, that backlog is going to create some slowdown...