I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Hi there,

:roller: I don't know if I'm in the right forum, area; but I have a note on my wall to start the paperwork to "Apply for Change of Status" to my wife's Permanent Resident Card (sometimes I guess still called a "Green Card") and found that I must file a I-751 form which is a Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. I am not sure when to submit it. It says on the instructions to file within 90 cays immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional residence status. Her Permanent Resident card says mid February of 2005 with an expiration of mid February of 2007, 2 years later. So I'd guess I can file anytime after mid November? Is that right? Also does anyone know how long it takes to process this paperwork and finalize it; and receive whatever you are going to get back from USCIS? Oh one more question, how much evidence of the relationship paperwork do they require? Since I'm moving in the next year or so I haven't changed my property paperwork to her name too; but her name is on out car registration, car insurance, taxes and is that enough? I know I can get a couple of supportive affidavits to affirm our marriage so that's no problem. Any other secrets or ideas. The government always writes so much and not always is it clear. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks Jim :o

Hi there,

:roller: I don't know if I'm in the right forum, area; but I have a note on my wall to start the paperwork to "Apply for Change of Status" to my wife's Permanent Resident Card (sometimes I guess still called a "Green Card") and found that I must file a I-751 form which is a Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. I am not sure when to submit it. It says on the instructions to file within 90 cays immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional residence status. Her Permanent Resident card says mid February of 2005 with an expiration of mid February of 2007, 2 years later. So I'd guess I can file anytime after mid November? Is that right? Also does anyone know how long it takes to process this paperwork and finalize it; and receive whatever you are going to get back from USCIS? Oh one more question, how much evidence of the relationship paperwork do they require? Since I'm moving in the next year or so I haven't changed my property paperwork to her name too; but her name is on out car registration, car insurance, taxes and is that enough? I know I can get a couple of supportive affidavits to affirm our marriage so that's no problem. Any other secrets or ideas. The government always writes so much and not always is it clear. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks Jim :o

yup-90 days before the two year card expiress