I-129F Rejection Notice from CSC

A friend completed his I-129F and sent it to NSC who forwarded it to CSC. The time for the petition to travel to NSC and receive a rejection by CSC was 10 days, so it appears they have their process working on forwarding cases.

What he didn't count on was: Part E. Signature of person preparing form, if other than above. (Sign below.)

He left the section blank, empty with absolutely nothing in it. This is what triggered the rejection notice and they returned the entire packet with check to him because it was empty. His logic was that the label seemed to say that not to do anything if he did not have someone else preparing the form.

He has hand written N/A in every box in that section and will return it to CSC with the Rejection Notice on top.

Remember to make sure that EVERY box has something in it, and if it doesn't apply or the answer is none write N/A or NONE including the Middle Name.

A friend completed his I-129F and sent it to NSC who forwarded it to CSC. The time for the petition to travel to NSC and receive a rejection by CSC was 10 days, so it appears they have their process working on forwarding cases.

What he didn't count on was: Part E. Signature of person preparing form, if other than above. (Sign below.)

He left the section blank, empty with absolutely nothing in it. This is what triggered the rejection notice and they returned the entire packet with check to him because it was empty. His logic was that the label seemed to say that not to do anything if he did not have someone else preparing the form.

He has hand written N/A in every box in that section and will return it to CSC with the Rejection Notice on top.

Remember to make sure that EVERY box has something in it, and if it doesn't apply or the answer is none write N/A or NONE including the Middle Name.

I put N/A on mine and there was no question in this matter.

His logic was that the label seemed to say that not to do anything if he did not have someone else preparing the form.

Oh this is not good news...I just checked mine...I left mine blank too... :bangin: ;) :) I figured that this was not an area of the form I should touch just like the "For USCIS use only" blocks...Looks like I thought wrong...

I guess this will be about a three month or so delay sending it back??...

Edited by Signal (see edit history)

His logic was that the label seemed to say that not to do anything if he did not have someone else preparing the form.

Oh this is not good news...I just checked mine...I left mine blank too... ;) :) :( I figured that this was not an area of the form I should touch just like the "For USCIS use only" blocks...Looks like I thought wrong...

I guess this will be about a three month or so delay sending it back??...

unless it is writen do not write below line , you write , lee is giving very good advise listen to him :bangin:

I just sent in my I-129F last Wednesday...I wish there was a way I could just stop it and have it sent back instead of waiting 3-4 months just for a rejection I know I will get now... :bangin: I just wrote an email to my SO explaining what I did...I feel terrible right now...I should have paid a laywer to do this...

I just sent in my I-129F last Wednesday...I wish there was a way I could just stop it and have it sent back instead of waiting 3-4 months just for a rejection I know I will get now... :( I just wrote an email to my SO explaining what I did...I feel terrible right now...I should have paid a laywer to do this...

Don't jump to conclusions, your petition may get processed without incident. It's only if the person initially processing the form is extremely anal would you get a rejection notice for this, because the instructions for that section say to sign if the person preparing the form is different from above.

You should have waited to send the email until you knew for sure that this could cause a delay, no use falling on your sword needlessly, you will have a lifetime to practice that. B)

Don't jump to conclusions, your petition may get processed without incident. It's only if the person initially processing the form is extremely anal would you get a rejection notice for this, because the instructions for that section say to sign if the person preparing the form is different from above.

You should have waited to send the email until you knew for sure that this could cause a delay, no use falling on your sword needlessly, you will have a lifetime to practice that. :mbounce:

Yes, I know what you are saying...Thanks for the "kind" words... :whistling: I really hope you are right...But as soon as I saw the topic, I was nervous about clicking and reading what it was going to say...I could have gone over my application a hundred times and never would have thought to "n/a" that part of it...I just know my luck, this won't be good...But I DO hope you're right my friend...Thanks... :bounce8:

I just looked at my "original" copy --it was going to be the copy submitted ---untill my sister in law asked what was printed on the back (had paper shortage, used the back of xtra G-325 forms to print the new I-129 for sample). I left all of part E blank, did not think to put N/A, I did get an RFE, but it was for IMBRA even though I used the new I-129 with the IMBRA

Now I think about it, what part of this process is not anal?

Achieving the milestones, NOA 1, NOA 2, P3, P4,.... I guess.

These are the happy times.

On all of our paperwork the middle name was left blank, and Interview is scheduled.

Follow the directions is the main message here. Good point.

Just a question for anyone who would know...If my application is rejected because of this question, does that happen fairly soon after it is received by the Service Center or does the review happen many months after they have it and it is our turn in line?...

I guess what I'm asking is, if I get an RFE, can I expect this to set us back one or two months or is it more like six to eight months?...

I'm going to inform my SO that maybe we should not worry until it is time to worry...But it would also be nice to let her know that a rejection notice will not set us back TOO long as long as I make the correction quickly and get it sent back quickly...But if we're looking at a long set-back, I prolly shouldn't say anything...My next trip to China might have me coming back with a black and blue eye...Hehehe...(trying to stay positive about this)

Thanks for any info guys!!!...

Just a question for anyone who would know...If my application is rejected because of this question, does that happen fairly soon after it is received by the Service Center or does the review happen many months after they have it and it is our turn in line?...

I guess what I'm asking is, if I get an RFE, can I expect this to set us back one or two months or is it more like six to eight months?...

I'm going to inform my SO that maybe we should not worry until it is time to worry...But it would also be nice to let her know that a rejection notice will not set us back TOO long as long as I make the correction quickly and get it sent back quickly...But if we're looking at a long set-back, I prolly shouldn't say anything...My next trip to China might have me coming back with a black and blue eye...Hehehe...(trying to stay positive about this)

Thanks for any info guys!!!...

The rejection would be almost immediate and they will return the check with it. The letter my friend got said to correct the issue and resubmit with the rejection notice on top. So apparently they have a way to get it back into the system once this has been fixed.

Now if they have cashed your check, I'd say you got past that question mark.