Where Am I?

I have been sitting on the sidelines and watching the information posted here. It is a great source of information, so I decided to join. I am sure I will need your assistance now and in the future. I commend all those who maintain this site and those who share valuable information.

We are going the K1 route and I mailed my Petition For Fiance(e) I-129F, G-325A and all the other pertinent documents to the Texas Service Center - USCIS on June 1 of this year. It was forwarded to the California Service Center. I received a I-797 Notice of Action which has a "Received Date" of June 6, 2006 and a "Notice Date" of June 14, 2006. The "Notice Type" is for a Receipt Notice for the amount received of $170.00. Since then, I have not received any further communication and I am trying to figure out where I am in the process. I have looked at the various timelines on this site and the first steps seem to take a lot shorter time than what it is taking me. Do these timelines reflect the impact of IMBRA and any recent changes to the process? I note that some timelines are based on information that is from 2005.

I have been monitoring the lack of progress through the USCIS Case Status web and signed up for emails to update me on progress. The last update on the Status Page is 06/17/2006 which says,

¡°Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on June 14, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates.

Clicking on the link for California Service Center, and under I-129F it reads Now Processing Case with Receipt Notice Date of March 8, 2006.

I am confused as to where my petition stands and what happens next. What am I currently waiting on next? Thanks.

Your next step will be to receive an RFE for the IMBRA. You used the old I-129F application form because the new one was not available when you filed. Once you get the RFE, mail it right back to the address stated on the RFE. You will get another notice of change on the USCIS website that says they received your RFE. It may also say due to preliminary processing, you will be finished more quickly (canned response). If everything is in order, you will get your NOA2 after that. Hard to say when, it just took me 135 days. CSC is clearing out the backlog of petitions now due to the IMBRA, so you can't really go by past timelines now. RLS has been waiting since March, so you are in line, just not at the front yet.

Good luck and welcome to CFL.

I have been sitting on the sidelines and watching the information posted here. It is a great source of information, so I decided to join. I am sure I will need your assistance now and in the future. I commend all those who maintain this site and those who share valuable information.

We are going the K1 route and I mailed my Petition For Fiance(e) I-129F, G-325A and all the other pertinent documents to the Texas Service Center - USCIS on June 1 of this year. It was forwarded to the California Service Center. I received a I-797 Notice of Action which has a "Received Date" of June 6, 2006 and a "Notice Date" of June 14, 2006. The "Notice Type" is for a Receipt Notice for the amount received of $170.00. Since then, I have not received any further communication and I am trying to figure out where I am in the process. I have looked at the various timelines on this site and the first steps seem to take a lot shorter time than what it is taking me. Do these timelines reflect the impact of IMBRA and any recent changes to the process? I note that some timelines are based on information that is from 2005.

I have been monitoring the lack of progress through the USCIS Case Status web and signed up for emails to update me on progress. The last update on the Status Page is 06/17/2006 which says,

¡°Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on June 14, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates.

Clicking on the link for California Service Center, and under I-129F it reads Now Processing Case with Receipt Notice Date of March 8, 2006.

I am confused as to where my petition stands and what happens next. What am I currently waiting on next? Thanks.

Welcome to the Candle!!

What you have recieved is an NOA1. It means the have recieved your pettion and are working on it. Once the service center is done they will send it the the NVC for security checks and you should get an noa2. Once the security checks are done they will send it to Guz in china and so on.

It's hard to predict the time the service center will have it but 3-5 months may be close. NVC will have it anywher from 2 weeks to??? 6 weeks is close.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your petition isn't standing. ;) In all likelihood, it's sitting... in a pile waiting for processing by USCIS. Timelines vary significantly by Service Center, and the added IMBRA processing has probably slowed things a bit. I have heard but do not know for a fact that many I-129Fs are re-routed to California for IMBRA processing and some Service Centers are no longer showing processing dates for the petition. Again, I don't know if this is fact or fiction.

The Service Center will check your petition and accompanying information/documents for accuracy and sufficiency. You will likely get an RFE (Request for Evidence) on the added IMBRA information (assuming you used the pre-IMBRA petition). If and when that request comes in, be ready to turn it around as quickly as possible. Then, if everything is in order, USCIS will approve the petition which will then be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) which is part of the Department of State.

At this stage in the process, there is not much you can do on the petition itself other than wait for the IMBRA RFE. If you are a long term planner, you could begin to review the next round (the actual visa application process) and the documents that your SO will have to complete and begin having her gather some of the documents that don't have an expiration date like her notarial birth certificate. You can take a look at http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/kvfaq.html for an idea of what documents will be needed, etc. Also, it might be a good idea to further develop and document you relationship with your SO, talk, communicate, visit, etc.

Welcome to CFL and best of luck. Oh, and one other thing, stock up on some Cheetos. :rolleyes:

Welcome, Pequin:

As Mike mentioned (above) I've been waiting for approval since March. There were several of us here on CFL who started approximately the same time. Some got approved faster than others (reasons unknown). Frank touched on the IMBRA RFE. He said:

If and when that request comes in, be ready to turn it around as quickly as possible.

I'm not even sure how much that matters. Mike (Mike and Rong) got his RFE some time after I did, but got approved. By the way, Mike knows me and knows that I am only comparing us for information purposes. But, as Frank says, you do want to return that RFE as soon as possible. You wouldn't want that to hold you up. Good luck to you. Try not to get too anxious about it. Notice I said "try."

Ron

I'm not sure you are that you are waiting for an RFE. you filed june 1. I may be very wring but I thought the new forms were aproved the end of May????. Did you file out a from that had questios about your criminal background?? Anyone have the actual date the new forms were available???

I'm not sure you are that you are waiting for an RFE. you filed june 1. I may be very wring but I thought the new forms were aproved the end of May????. Did you file out a from that had questios about your criminal background?? Anyone have the actual date the new forms were available???

Thank you for the wealth of information and I feel much better in knowing where I am in the process as our petition languishes and petrifies in someone¡¯s in-box. The I-129F I filled out did not have any questions about criminal background information. I downloaded the form from the USCIS web site towards the end of April.

In regards to your suggestion, I will purchase some jalapeno flavored Cheetos, in addition to my favorite junk food, habanero flavored chicharones (fried pork rinds) to see me through the journey. I¡¯ll also stock up on Dr. Pepper and beer. Thanks again for your guidance along this path.

In regards to your suggestion, I will purchase some jalapeno flavored Cheetos, in addition to my favorite junk food, habanero flavored chicharones (fried pork rinds) to see me through the journey. I¡¯ll also stock up on Dr. Pepper and beer. Thanks again for your guidance along this path.

You better stock up on some Pepto too. :lol:

Take a look at the RFE you will be getting so you are prepared to return it the same or next day you receive it. It is at the very bottom of the page and titled I-129F IMB RFEs

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

Thanks again. You all know your stuff! Here is the latest e-mail from USICS as of this evening. Thanks for the heads up.

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On September 12, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I received the RFE in the mail this morning in regards to the Supplemental to I-129F (IMBRA). On the Question page it asks about the international broker and I checked no. On question two, it asks about being convicted of a crime. There is no box to check "no". Do I hand write in "no" or "N/A" after the question? I am afraid that if I leave it blank, USCIS will think I missed or avoided or skipped the question and they'll send it back. They ask a question, but do not provide a space for a negative re4sponse. Same for question three, leave it blank or write "N/A" next to it? I want to return the RFE ASAP. Thanks.

I received the RFE in the mail this morning in regards to the Supplemental to I-129F (IMBRA). On the Question page it asks about the international broker and I checked no. On question two, it asks about being convicted of a crime. There is no box to check "no". Do I hand write in "no" or "N/A" after the question? I am afraid that if I leave it blank, USCIS will think I missed or avoided or skipped the question and they'll send it back. They ask a question, but do not provide a space for a negative re4sponse. Same for question three, leave it blank or write "N/A" next to it? I want to return the RFE ASAP. Thanks.

Acutally, I would agree to the idea that it's a very poor job of options.. they should not of created a situation of not checking something...

But the correct way to answer "no" or "N/A" is to leave it blank...

Here's a sample at VJ... it's clear from both sites that leaving it blank is one correct way of answering "No"..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=1535

So, that is the I-129F supplemental everybody is talking about.

Just additional paperwork, I suppose. It looks like question #2 becomes null & voided once you mark "No" in question #1. Therefore, you're done with it once you mark "No".

I'm curious; why is it a form I-797?

Regardless of how you answer question 1, you must check any that apply on question 2. If none apply in question two, then you are done. Sometimes question 2 applies. When it does, you answer it regardless of how you answered question 1.

Thank you again for all the great information. The timelines and K1 visa procedures links on this site are very informative. I have a much better understand of the process, possible length of time between each step and what information is needed by both parties. Are these timelines and procedural steps available in Chinese (Mandarin)? I am having a difficult time explaining the timelines and what must be done at each step to my SO because of the langauge issue. If you know of any links that explains the K1 timeline and procedures, would you mind posting them here? I¡¯d like to send them on to her. Because of major language barriers, perhaps the Chinese information links can be pinned so that others of us can pass it on to our SO¡¯s .

Thank you again for all the great information. The timelines and K1 visa procedures links on this site are very informative. I have a much better understand of the process, possible length of time between each step and what information is needed by both parties. Are these timelines and procedural steps available in Chinese (Mandarin)? I am having a difficult time explaining the timelines and what must be done at each step to my SO because of the langauge issue. If you know of any links that explains the K1 timeline and procedures, would you mind posting them here? I¡¯d like to send them on to her. Because of major language barriers, perhaps the Chinese information links can be pinned so that others of us can pass it on to our SO¡¯s .

This should do it.

http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/K1.htm