What documents will be kept by the VO?

As I am doing the final assembly of our various packets, I am trying to think back if there were any posts which specified which forms, if any, were kept by the VO after the interview. At this point, my memory span is down to mere seconds.

And besides, at this point my memory span is down to mere seconds... :)

I am using Dou-tang folders with the metal prongs that are folded over to contain the papers. I'd rather rearrange everything that will be kept by the VO into one folder, or bind them in a different way so that Manyun does not have to fumble with the folders to get the required pages out.

Thanks for the :(

As I am doing the final assembly of our various packets, I am trying to think back if there were any posts which specified which forms, if any, were kept by the VO after the interview. At this point, my memory span is down to mere seconds.

And besides, at this point my memory span is down to mere seconds... :roller:

I am using Dou-tang folders with the metal prongs that are folded over to contain the papers. I'd rather rearrange everything that will be kept by the VO into one folder, or bind them in a different way so that Manyun does not have to fumble with the folders to get the required pages out.

Thanks for the :unsure:

from what i have read it is hard for anyone to say , the vo is always unpredictable my SO interview is oct.12 2006 and we are still filing out forms and ours is k-1 same as your , but she have been married before so this leave use with many questions to have to find out , proper way to reply,i would surgest reading all post and concerning interview and use them as your plan foward, i wish you the best and i hope peace fill your mind and heart , all k-1,s are in the same boat

Edited by sweattrl1 (see edit history)

There is no need to worry about what the VO will keep... as it is HIGHLY advised that you keep copies of EVERYTHING for your records. So no matter what he takes - you know you have more of them in your records... in the event you ever need them for something else.

Plus it is also recommended that you also be sure to get several extra ORIGINALS of all the documents that you must obtain while in China. All Chinese documents have to be translated into English - these are the ones that are recommended to have several extras of, because you will need some of them later down the road.

I made copies of everything before filing them. I also made sure I had at least 3 of each of all the original Chinese documents we had filed - because they are a pain in the butt to get later when you discover you need them and you are half way around the world.

You will find that having all these copies and extra originals will come into good use later down the road.

Thanks for the :jerry:

Dou-tang... Are they cousins of the Wu-Tang :lol:

I would only recommend the stylist clips/prongs/fasteners for petitions; for the interview, I'd use paperclips to simply separate similar financials you might keep in a single folder.

One approach is to have all the financials in the folder (by clips) and when asked for any financial to hand over the entire folder... this way, the VO sees it all and selects what he wants, like a buffet... ;)

Guest pushbrk

Thanks for the :jerry:

Dou-tang... Are they cousins of the Wu-Tang :lol:

I would only recommend the stylist clips/prongs/fasteners for petitions; for the interview, I'd use paperclips to simply separate similar financials you might keep in a single folder.

One approach is to have all the financials in the folder (by clips) and when asked for any financial to hand over the entire folder... this way, the VO sees it all and selects what he wants, like a buffet... ;)

This is what we did. Anything required to go into the packet sealed at the hospital is retained. We were prepared to deliver anything the VO asked for AND retain a copy of same. In our case the VO gave back everything he asked for.

I bought a plastic expanding file and just used paper clips. I then made a cover sheet in Chinese and English indicating what was in each clipped section. Example. Tax Returns, I-134 and Employer letter were one clip and section in expanding file. Relationship Proof was another, shown as Chat Logs, Example Chats, Example Emails. I wanted the covers in Chinese as well because it would be my wife that had to find the ones asked for.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Thanks for the :blink:

Dou-tang... Are they cousins of the Wu-Tang :P

Yes, and direct decendents of the O-rang-U-tang :lol:

I kinda see the point that you and Mike are making, but in effect I have done the same thing.

My folders are arranged:

#1) Photographs of visits to China (actual photos presented in page form)

#2) Yahoo chat sessions, 11/2/05 to 3/5/06

#3) Yahoo chat sessions, 11/3/06 to present

#4) History of relationship and renewed avowal of desire to marry

Dynasky phone records

Computer screen prints taken during Yahoo chat sessions

#5) I-134

Employee verification report

U.S. and Michigan income tax returns, 2003-2005

Retirement investments

Deferred compensation investments

Life Insurance documentation

#6) I-797

I-797C

Full copy of original I-129F submittal

Original and copy of Criminal and Birth certs

#7) Petitioners Divorce decree

Quit claim Deed giving the ex-wife the house

Utility bill showing ex-wife's address (same as on Quit Claim)

Flight itineraries and proof of payment for airline tickets for both visits

#8) Proof of financial support (only held in reserve if needed)

Envelope #1) and #2) Actual Boarding passes, hotel receipts, ATM transactions for first and second visit to China.

An index card is attached to the front of each folder describing the contents in English. Manyun will add the Chinese version when I see her on Sunday.

So it's pretty much as you all said, but just held together a little differently. I value any and all opinions or suggestions, so I will review all comments and decide what is best to do.

My original question concerned any documents that are regularly retained by the VO. Then yes, it would be a pain to remove these docs from the prongs. But, I have tried to group everything by type, and as you said, a request for one financial document will result in have them all.

Thank you all for your responses. :)

Mike