Hello everyone. This is my first posting. I have recently discovered this wonderful website that holds information worth its weight in gold.

I have a question for anyone out there who has received the IMBRA RFE. My attorney sent the RFE response on July 26 and when i check case status online, it still states that the RFE was sent on specified date, etc. I called the NSC and was told that it usually takes up to 65 days for the website to update this information. Does anyone have the same experience? In the meantime, the I-130 was approved on Aug. 28, and senT to NVC

THANKS!!!

Don’t put any faith in the uscis website. My I129f petition was approved on 7/27/06 and the website still doesn’t show it. I found the only good information was from my congressman’s aide on immigration and the infopass appointment. Everything else is useless. Welcome to CFL and Good Luck in your journey.

Don’t put any faith in the uscis website. My I129f petition was approved on 7/27/06 and the website still doesn’t show it. I found the only good information was from my congressman’s aide on immigration and the infopass appointment. Everything else is useless. Welcome to CFL and Good Luck in your journey.

Hi,

What exactly did you ask the Congressman's aide? They provided you with info. in which you were seeking? Thanks

If the attorny sent it with a tracking number, you can track it to see if it arrived at least. For me it took about a week for them to actually enter it in the computer as received from the day they signed for it. Don't put much faith in what the service center information help line tells you about time limits as they are an outsourced call center. It does seem odd that if it was mailed in July it is not updated yet. You say you called NSC, did the RFE get sent to Nebraska? All Nebraska I-129Fpetitions are now trasnsfered to CSC. If the lawyer sent it to Nebraska, you will have to wait for it to be forwarded to CSC (California). The RFE should have had the address to send it to. I was originally NSC, transfered to CSC, and the RFE said to mail to CSC. However, there are people over at VJ who have returned IMBRA RFE's, not had it updated as received, not received an email of approval, and then they just receive their NOA2 in their mail, so it is possible for everything to be ok. I have even see a few that are at NVC already and their still showing waiting for approval on the USCIS website.

If the attorny sent it with a tracking number, you can track it to see if it arrived at least. For me it took about a week for them to actually enter it in the computer as received from the day they signed for it. Don't put much faith in what the service center information help line tells you about time limits as they are an outsourced call center. It does seem odd that if it was mailed in July it is not updated yet. You say you called NSC, did the RFE get sent to Nebraska? All Nebraska I-129Fpetitions are now trasnsfered to CSC. If the lawyer sent it to Nebraska, you will have to wait for it to be forwarded to CSC (California). The RFE should have had the address to send it to. I was originally NSC, transfered to CSC, and the RFE said to mail to CSC. However, there are people over at VJ who have returned IMBRA RFE's, not had it updated as received, not received an email of approval, and then they just receive their NOA2 in their mail, so it is possible for everything to be ok. I have even see a few that are at NVC already and their still showing waiting for approval on the USCIS website.

The RFE was sent to MSC, which is where the I-129F is being processed.