K-3 mess up CR-1?

I was just wondering, if my K-3 thingamabob goes to GZ around the time my CR-1 does, will they cancel one or continue processing and set an iterview date for the first one to go through?

I have already paid the all the fees and done all the paperwork that can be done except the DS-230 part II for the CR-1.

Any recommendations? Should i cancel the K-3 and just go along with the CR-1? Let them both ride it out and keep forking over cash for immigration forms? I don't want the K-3 request to override my CR-1 and put all that waiting to waste. The K-3 is just getting started now, approved August 29, 2006. The CR-1 was approved in April and has all the paperwork done.

I was just wondering, if my K-3 thingamabob goes to GZ around the time my CR-1 does, will they cancel one or continue processing and set an iterview date for the first one to go through?

I have already paid the all the fees and done all the paperwork that can be done except the DS-230 part II for the CR-1.

Any recommendations? Should i cancel the K-3 and just go along with the CR-1? Let them both ride it out and keep forking over cash for immigration forms? I don't want the K-3 request to override my CR-1 and put all that waiting to waste. The K-3 is just getting started now, approved August 29, 2006. The CR-1 was approved in April and has all the paperwork done.

Our K-3 and CR-1 arrived almost the same time, they logged in the K-3 as the CR-1 was

sitting in customs. When my wife received her K-3 packet they had our hard copy of the

CR-1 entered into the computers so I had my wife hold off sending anything in. A few weeks

later we had our CR-1 interview date.

You paid the fees, let them both go. If they are processing your K-3 and the CR-1 arrives

at post I think they will change the interview to CR-1 for you. I'll look for the post.

Our K-3 and CR-1 arrived almost the same time, they logged in the K-3 as the CR-1 was

sitting in customs. When my wife received her K-3 packet they had our hard copy of the

CR-1 entered into the computers so I had my wife hold off sending anything in. A few weeks

later we had our CR-1 interview date.

You paid the fees, let them both go. If they are processing your K-3 and the CR-1 arrives

at post I think they will change the interview to CR-1 for you. I'll look for the post.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16294

I think I understand your concern for the CR1... that is what you would like to pursue. It appears that your K3 is still await approval from USCIS; yet your CR1 is already at P3.

I think that you should let both continue and the K3 will only help your CR1 get an earlier interview if anything.

I would wait to see when the K3 gets a P3. This is the next milestone to figure out. That is when to make a decision. For now, let them both continue. I think your in good shape for the CR1 so far...

This is the procedure that should be followed:

-----------------------------------------------------

May IR1 Petition Beneficiaries Opt for K3 Processing?

-----------------------------------------------------

30. According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued

when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to

the alien." To maximize the number of aliens who may

benefit from the LIFE Act provisions, VO has determined

that an immigrant visa is "available" only when the actual

approved I-130 petition has been received by the IV-

issuing consular post. If the I-130 petition is at post,

or the applicant has already been interviewed and denied

the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the

I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing

and may not choose to apply instead for the K3. If the I-

130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the

applicant has already commenced K3 application (by

returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives

at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than

switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any

time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3

application.

REF: A) STATE 057338 B ) FEDERAL REGISTER VOL. 66, NO.

174, SEPTEMBER 7, 2001