AOS Interview Passed!!

Our AOS interviews were scheduled yesterday at 2pm and 3pm for wife and daughter separately but I was pleasantly surprised when the gal called us all in together. We were in there about 20 minutes and she asked a lot of questions... I was surprised how many, some I think were more of her curiosity. My wife and daughter both did great!!

I had all the documents along but only was asked for a copy of the documents showing joint ownership. She asked Qing several of the questions from the I-485 list. Qing did great, even though she had no clue what she was asking... ;) I tapped her on the leg when she was asking the first one so she calmly answered No to each. Then the gal tried to throw a curve at her and asked " Is this your first time in the USA?" instead of "Have you entered the USA before", which required a Yes answer instead of No like the rest. Qing picked up on that and answered Yes... I was quite relieved! :) All the rest of the questions were straight-forward.... where do you live, what is your phone number, where are you from, how many children do you have, what are your mother and father's first names. We had rehearsed my mother / father names on the way but that was never asked. She asked how we met and how many times I went to visit her in China. She seemed impressed when I told her I went 2 times, the second trip for more than 2 months. She seemed quite impressed with Ming's English skills so she only got a few questions. She then asked where I work, asked how many times I had been married previously, where we got married once in the USA, she asked why we went to Iowa to get married (both my daughters live there). After I showed her documents showing Qing joint on my bank accounts and beneficiary of Life Insurance, she said I am approving your application and you will receive your conditional green cards in the mail within 2-3 weeks. We were all very happy with that news!!

I think the gal could tell we were a happy family from the way we looked at each other, responded quickly to her questions, talked to each other and kept it on the light side. Noone looked or acted nervous which I think is key.

That was it, we passed with flying colors and we're all very happy today!! Thanks to CFL for all the fantastic info and all the member and moderator expertise that has made our journey a smooth and fast one. One year from NOA-1 to Green Cards approved!

Now on to driving school, more english classes and lots of fun together each day.

Thanks again CFL!!!! We wouldn't be here without your help and support!!

Our AOS interviews were scheduled yesterday at 2pm and 3pm for wife and daughter separately but I was pleasantly surprised when the gal called us all in together. We were in there about 20 minutes and she asked a lot of questions... I was surprised how many, some I think were more of her curiosity. My wife and daughter both did great!!

Congratulations, Jim!

To have both your wife and daughter's interview at the same time is very fortunate.

Kind of like 2 for the price of 1, the way I see it.

Way To Go!..and happy trails to you all! :o

CONGRATS!!

Seems you were well prepared. Was that one tap for no and two for yes?? :huh:

2 taps for "time to answer NO"... ;) After reading the list of bad stuff I decided it would be impossible to get them to understand that stuff. They all start with Have you ever, Did you, do you, etc.... Those were their cues... when you hear those words, wait until they finish speaking and calmly answer NO. Worked like a charm! I'm sure the gal was real impressed with their grasp of the English language for only being here 5 months.... Qing still has no idea what she asked her... :D

Thanks to all!!