It's not clear to me if the case truly left CSC or not for NVC.. try sending an email to CSC and asking if petition was sent or not:

CSC email:

K1: CSC-XII.129f@dhs.gov

I tried emailing that address about a month ago and got a reply saying that CSC does not accept inquiries from the public any longer. I was able to email them before but I guess not now.

The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the

general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the

National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The

National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the

appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your

inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice

regarding your case, please inform the National Customer Service Center

at the time you submit your inquiry. The National Customer Service is

available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, PST.

Are you sure that your case is stuck in NVC?

When I trying to call NVC... they always telling me that they don't have my case and then I called DOS... they told me it was sent to GZ.

Normally it takes from two to three months from approval to package3.

I guess you can try to call DOS to find out if they have been sent your case to GZ yet. if not, it is probably in NVC and if they did... your finacee should see package 3 soon.

I'm not quite sure where exactly is my case. I also called DOS and they were no help at all. Normal canned response about no record of my case, call CIS to find out where it is, and call back 90 days from day of approval.

Once the petition is approved at the service center it is sent to NVC. One it is entered into the system a GUZ number is issued. In our case it took two weeks after NOA-2 before it showed up on their computer. I called NVC and gave them the 13 digit service center number and her birthdate. They gave me her GUZ number, If by calling NVC and talking to a human and they have no record of her petition it is either lost at CSC or sitting in an overlooked file somewhere at NVC. I think Frank gave you the best advice. I would also be calling someone every single day until they get sick of hearing from you and find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure that your case is stuck in NVC?

When I trying to call NVC... they always telling me that they don't have my case and then I called DOS... they told me it was sent to GZ.

Normally it takes from two to three months from approval to package3.

I guess you can try to call DOS to find out if they have been sent your case to GZ yet. if not, it is probably in NVC and if they did... your finacee should see package 3 soon.

So the NVC and the DOS are two different entities? After NVC, we make all inquiries to DOS? What's the telehphone number to call for DOS?

Thanks.

So the NVC and the DOS are two different entities? After NVC, we make all inquiries to DOS? What's the telehphone number to call for DOS?

Per the FAQ:

"National Visa Center (NVC):

In April of 1994, the Department of State opened a permanent Immigrant Visa processing facility at the National Visa Center (NVC) in Portsmouth, NH. NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions after they are received from Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (CIS) and retains them until the cases are ready for adjudication by a consular officer abroad."

They are a part of the DOS... their respective numbers are:

NVC number, 603-334-0700

DOS 1-202-663-1225

NVC number, 603-334-0700

DOS 1-202-663-1225

Thanks David. So after my petition has been forwarded by NVC to GUZ, I should be calling 202-663-1225 for future updates and NOT the NVC # correct?

Thanks.

The catch is that after leaving NVC.. there is about a 40 day gap where no one (but DHL tracking of bulk packages, not your individual one) can tell you the status.

After it leaves NVC, wait about 40 days and call the DOS...

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh.. It's 90 days now and it's still not at NVC. I just got a letter from my senator yesterday which enclosed a copy of the response from NVC. Anyhow, they said that they still dont have it and it "may be" lost in the mail. I mean come on, I have to wait 90 days just to know that it's lost? Geez. CSC and NVC Thank you!

Well, today I express mail a letter to the USCIS Ombudsmen to complain and ask them to help me resolve my predicament. I also faxed NVC a copy of my NOA2. I'll just wait and see what happens. Should I resubmit my I-129F application? Can someone who is/was in the same boat as I am give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

:victory: :ok: :cheering: :cheering:

Sigh.. It's 90 days now and it's still not at NVC. I just got a letter from my senator yesterday which enclosed a copy of the response from NVC. Anyhow, they said that they still dont have it and it "may be" lost in the mail. I mean come on, I have to wait 90 days just to know that it's lost? Geez. CSC and NVC Thank you!

Well, today I express mail a letter to the USCIS Ombudsmen to complain and ask them to help me resolve my predicament. I also faxed NVC a copy of my NOA2. I'll just wait and see what happens. Should I resubmit my I-129F application? Can someone who is/was in the same boat as I am give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

Did you ever call DOS? Is it possible that NVC had sent your file to GUZ a long time ago?

Did you ever call DOS? Is it possible that NVC had sent your file to GUZ a long time ago?

Yes I called DOS. The lady i spoke to said NVC aand DOS share the same system. No case found.