What's going on at USCIS?

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates. It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd. I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. :(

Guest pushbrk
USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates.  It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd.  I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. :(

240653[/snapback]

It means very little. Evidently they found a case from an earlier date that was still not completed so they updated the websites. That's all these dates are. No matter how many times the question is asked, the answer will be the same.

Pre-IMBRA more than 90 percent of cases were approved far earlier than those processing dates would indicate.

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates.  It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd.  I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. <_<

240653[/snapback]

Ron, didn't you get the memo? :roller:

240663[/snapback]

Lee, I think they took me off their mailing list, so I'll just fiddle away while Rome burns. :violin4:

I'm hoping that Pushbrk is right about the dates not meaning anything.

Joke:

Vo officer to So: "Do you think your fiance' is a little old?"

So: "Well, he was a young man when he applied for the visa."

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates.  It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd.  I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. <_<

240653[/snapback]

240663[/snapback]

Lee, I think they took me off their mailing list, so I'll just fiddle away while Rome burns. :violin4:

Joke:

240707[/snapback]

:roller:

Good one, Ron.

I know it is hard to keep your humor in the situation.

If you have been thinking ahead on documents, and such. Watch those that might become expired due to the delay.

I am ready to hear you freak out. Screaming, SO will be here in x number of days. ;)

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates.?It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd.?I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. <_<

240653[/snapback]

240663[/snapback]

Joke:

240707[/snapback]

Good one, Ron.

If you have been thinking ahead on documents, and such. Watch those that might become expired due to the delay.

I am ready to hear you freak out. Screaming, SO will be here in x number of days. ;)

240714[/snapback]

I don't know which documents will expire with the I-129F? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks - Ron :)

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates.?It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd.?I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. <_<

240653[/snapback]

240663[/snapback]

Joke:

240707[/snapback]

Good one, Ron.

240714[/snapback]

I don't know which documents will expire with the I-129F? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks - Ron :)

240726[/snapback]

Luckily for everyone going through this process, they know most of the I-129 documents expire before they are acted on, and automatically extend their dates while your application ages for several months.

Not to worry.

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates. It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd. I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. :)

Glad you asked that question. I read the February 23rd date on Friday and thought WTF.... Hope it's true that this is not as omenous as it looked at first.

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates. It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd. I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. :)

Glad you asked that question. I read the February 23rd date on Friday and thought WTF.... Hope it's true that this is not as omenous as it looked at first.

More than likely they found an old file buried on someoes desk or in the mailroom with that NOA1 date on it and entered it into the system for processing.

Robert: When we went through the NOA1 process, the USCIS progressed 23 days, then 6 days, then LOST 30 some days, then gained 14 days, then gained about 40 days. When we got the NOA2 they said they were working on cases from more than a month before ours.

Bottom line is start to take action (contact your congressperson) when they are 2 weeks behind the estimated processing time quoted to you on your NOA1.

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates. It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd. I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. <_<

Robert: When we went through the NOA1 process, the USCIS progressed 23 days, then 6 days, then LOST 30 some days, then gained 14 days, then gained about 40 days. When we got the NOA2 they said they were working on cases from more than a month before ours.

Bottom line is start to take action (contact your congressperson) when they are 2 weeks behind the estimated processing time quoted to you on your NOA1.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think you're right -- I need to be patient for a month or two more then maybe consider calling a politician. I have an attorney but, given the new law, even he is not sure how long this process may now take.

Thanks again.

USCIS has updated their home page to August 25th, but, have gone backwards in their processing dates. It was March 6th and now it is February 23rd. I know the process is slow, but going backwards is not good. <_<

I just saw the revised date now and reacted in the exact same manner: WTF?!? :huh:

I confirmed with my SO and she said it use to say March 6th.

So next thing I did was of course to come here looking for answers.

This is really frustrating, especially for the SO.

Are we sure this is no cause for alarm?

Essentially this status update is bogus then, if this info is not accurate.

Guest pushbrk

I just saw the revised date now and reacted in the exact same manner: WTF?!? :huh:

I confirmed with my SO and she said it use to say March 6th.

So next thing I did was of course to come here looking for answers.

This is really frustrating, especially for the SO.

Are we sure this is no cause for alarm?

Essentially this status update is bogus then, if this info is not accurate.

What is meaningful about the processing dates is that until your filing date is 30 days earlier than the date they show, they won't look into any hold-up on your case. They ARE NOT reliable predictors of when your case will be approved. Most cases are approved far sooner than those dates would indicate. Many CFL member cases filed after the current processing dates are already approved. This is normal.

Most cases are approved far sooner than those dates would indicate. Many CFL member cases filed after the current processing dates are already approved. This is normal.

Hope you're right!

It's just very discouraging to see the date move backward instead of forward.

It's happened several times in the past. I think if the times were updated more often we would see it go backwards more often. Cases are not necessarily processed in order.