How to Handle Wrong Birthdates?

Hello All--

We have an I-129F in process and received NOA1 (notice date July 6) and are waiting for NOA2. When I returned to China a few days ago, to visit my fiancee, we found that we submitted the wrong birthdates for her parents.

What do you think is the best way to handle this? Send a note to the California center where the the application is now? Call GZ? Let it go?

--Thanks, Rob

Guest pushbrk
Hello All--

We have an I-129F in process and received NOA1 (notice date July 6) and are waiting for NOA2.  When I returned to China a few days ago, to visit my fiancee, we found that we submitted the wrong birthdates for her parents. 

What do you think is the best way to handle this?  Send a note to the California center where the the application is now?  Call GZ?  Let it go?

--Thanks, Rob

240237[/snapback]

In our case, we had the wrong day on one and year on the other parent. We did nothing to notify of a change but put the correct dates on all later forms. The subject never came up. Wife and daughter will be here in four days.

I am not sure these dates are going to be an issue for your visa. My SO gave a wrong date of one of my son's birthdates at her interview but she was never questioned about an incorrect answer. I think if anything, you will receive an RFE which is much easier to overcome than have to wait for a change in your I-129F paperwork. I honestly doubt they will even question these dates.

Hello All--

We have an I-129F in process and received NOA1 (notice date July 6) and are waiting for NOA2.  When I returned to China a few days ago, to visit my fiancee, we found that we submitted the wrong birthdates for her parents. 

What do you think is the best way to handle this?  Send a note to the California center where the the application is now?  Call GZ?  Let it go?

--Thanks, Rob

240237[/snapback]

Oh good. That is a consensus. And a relief. I won't worry about it, but will use correct dates from now on. Thanks to all...

if it bothers you, you can call and make a typo correction over the phone. I had to do that and it was no problem.

240363[/snapback]

specifically what phone number, and what department / call center did you speak with? Where in the process did you make the correction, and to whom (USCIS, DOS, NVC, GUZ)...

if it bothers you, you can call and make a typo correction over the phone. I had to do that and it was no problem.

240363[/snapback]

specifically what phone number, and what department / call center did you speak with? Where in the process did you make the correction, and to whom (USCIS, DOS, NVC, GUZ)...

I called the USCIS Customer Service Number 800 375-5283, shortly before NOA2. Told them I had made a mistake and asked if there was anyway to correct it. They said it wasn't a problem and made a typo correction over the phone after verifying some information.