Contact GZ Consulate

ALI

Anyone can tell me how to contact the consulate in GZ. I purchased the pin ( 8 minutes or 12 minutes one) but the call went through the visa unit. I asked for the consulate but those stupid people transfered my call to a recorded message that has all the phone number and different agency. I just need to talk to a live american consulate who can look into my case.

Much thanks here

Anyone can tell me how to contact the consulate in GZ. I purchased the pin ( 8 minutes or 12 minutes one) but the call went through the visa unit. I asked for the consulate but those stupid people transfered my call to a recorded  message that has all the phone number and different agency. I just need to talk to a live american consulate who can look into my case.

Much thanks here

239862[/snapback]

Well I may not have the right info but I think the number is actually just a call center and you can get as much or more and more up todate info calling the dos 202 663 1225 remeber when you call you need to give them info for them to tell you any thing they will not say any thing about your case not unless you give them some detail's first

Guest pushbrk
Anyone can tell me how to contact the consulate in GZ. I purchased the pin ( 8 minutes or 12 minutes one) but the call went through the visa unit. I asked for the consulate but those stupid people transfered my call to a recorded  message that has all the phone number and different agency. I just need to talk to a live american consulate who can look into my case.

Much thanks here

239862[/snapback]

Well I may not have the right info but I think the number is actually just a call center and you can get as much or more and more up todate info calling the dos 202 663 1225 remeber when you call you need to give them info for them to tell you any thing they will not say any thing about your case not unless you give them some detail's first

239864[/snapback]

I'm not aware of a way to contact a person at the Consulate directly by phone. They do answer email.

You can call the Department of State but the call center you called is virtually useless. Other than status reports, you are not likely to be allowed to "discuss" your case on the phone.

Much thanks here

239862[/snapback]

Please call the U.S. Visa Information Center at 4008-872-333 within

China or 86-21-3881-4611 from other countries, from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. (China

Time) Monday - Friday and 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Saturday. Be prepared to provide

the primary applicant name in pin yin and case number. There is a charge to

access the Visa Information Center. Prices are 54 RMB for 12 minutes or 36

RMB for 8 minutes.

Anyone can tell me how to contact the consulate in GZ. I purchased the pin ( 8 minutes or 12 minutes one) but the call went through the visa unit. I asked for the consulate but those stupid people transfered my call to a recorded0„2 message that has all the phone number and different agency. I just need to talk to a live american consulate who can look into my case.

Much thanks here

239862[/snapback]

RMB for 8 minutes.

239907[/snapback]

thanks IluvamyLi. I actually called that number serveral times and spent quite some money on them. It's annoying that those people are visa unit customer rep, not the consulate i need to speak to

Guest pushbrk
Anyone can tell me how to contact the consulate in GZ. I purchased the pin ( 8 minutes or 12 minutes one) but the call went through the visa unit. I asked for the consulate but those stupid people transfered my call to a recorded0„2 message that has all the phone number and different agency. I just need to talk to a live american consulate who can look into my case.

Much thanks here

239862[/snapback]

RMB for 8 minutes.

239907[/snapback]

thanks IluvamyLi. I actually called that number serveral times and spent quite some money on them. It's annoying that those people are visa unit customer rep, not the consulate i need to speak to

240094[/snapback]

Ali,

I understand why you would want to speak to a person at the Consulate about your case. In reality the only way I've seen anybody actually do that is to attend a US Citizens hour at the Consulate on a Friday afternoon. That possibility is cancelled for this Friday. This only works for US Citizens. A Chinese SO may not attend.

May I suggest that you describe your circumstances and need here. In all likelyhood somebody will be able to advise you on the best course of action actually available to address your need.

Much thanks here

239862[/snapback]

RMB for 8 minutes.

239907[/snapback]

240094[/snapback]

Ali,

I understand why you would want to speak to a person at the Consulate about your case. In reality the only way I've seen anybody actually do that is to attend a US Citizens hour at the Consulate on a Friday afternoon. That possibility is cancelled for this Friday. This only works for US Citizens. A Chinese SO may not attend.

May I suggest that you describe your circumstances and need here. In all likelyhood somebody will be able to advise you on the best course of action actually available to address your need.

240105[/snapback]

I posted my case under GETTING VISA topic two weeks ago, but didn't get much help there. I am going to recap the case here:

My parents passed the interview on Aug.9 but they got denial on the visa on the Aug 9th. My dad was told to have his fingerprint done. I need to know how long will the fingerprint process take and what will be the next step for him. As to my mom, they just hold up her visa. I wonder if i can contact Consulate and let them issue her visa first. I tried calling the paid service call and the email method, but didnt' get much help.

I am in New York so i don't think i can attend the american citizen hours on Friday. That's about it, thanks for any advice.

Guest pushbrk

Much thanks here

239862[/snapback]

RMB for 8 minutes.

239907[/snapback]

240094[/snapback]

Ali,

240105[/snapback]

I posted my case under GETTING VISA topic two weeks ago, but didn't get much help there. I am going to recap the case here:

My parents passed the interview on Aug.9 but they got denial on the visa on the Aug 9th. My dad was told to have his fingerprint done. I need to know how long will the fingerprint process take and what will be the next step for him. As to my mom, they just hold up her visa. I wonder if i can contact Consulate and let them issue her visa first. I tried calling the paid service call and the email method, but didnt' get much help.

I am in New York so i don't think i can attend the american citizen hours on Friday. That's about it, thanks for any advice.

240109[/snapback]

"How long will it take?" questions are impossible to get answers to, in the case of anything related to a security check. That's just the nature of the beast. It takes as long as it takes.

They might answer an email about how your mother could apply for a visa separately from your father. Doesn't her current application indicate they will travel together? The Consulate may require her to submit a new application for herself.

There is another forum for "other visas" like for family visits. Successes in that area are far more rare than the visas for spouse and fiance, so the personal experience and helpful advice available is somewhat limited.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)