FBI Name check phone no longer operable

:coolthumb: This may be old news to other people who have used the site longer, but the (202) 324-3625 FBI Security NameCheck number given on the FAQ name check post of August of last year is no longer in operation. I called this morning after leaving a message yesterday, as the post had suggested. I reached a woman today and was told that there is no longer any contact to inquire on the status of the name check. I would love to be corrected if anyone has information to the contrary. Thank you.

The best thing to do is to read the most recent posts on security issues to see if anyone has found a new number.. see the links and resourse collection... but my memory is that most searching is futile.

I recently looked up the NCIC website, since that is what NVC runs (FBI inhouse personnel) ... but frankly, if it's the GUZ requested '2nd check', then it could be in one of various federal agencies..

here is the NCIC site:

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm

:o This may be old news to other people who have used the site longer, but the (202) 324-3625 FBI Security NameCheck number given on the FAQ name check post of August of last year is no longer in operation. I called this morning after leaving a message yesterday, as the post had suggested. I reached a woman today and was told that there is no longer any contact to inquire on the status of the name check. I would love to be corrected if anyone has information to the contrary. Thank you.

239406[/snapback]

naogong, have patience. I know it is easy to say but hard to do but you must try. If it is any comfort my CR-1 file was transferred to GZ on April 16 and the name check was completed ALMOST 4 months later. My wife had to go and get fingerprints taken on June 23rd because US wanted it. I was afraid the fingerprints was going to drag the case out and take forever in the name check process. I called last Thursday and they told me the name check was complete and the case was forwarded back to GZ. Two weeks prior to that they told me it was still processing. Keep in mind that FBI does the name check and sends the result to DOS but DOS does not know the progress of the name check. It has been over 16 months and counting since my I-130 was first received by CSC. I won't feel comfortable until she gets an interview date and I hope it is this year. I don't call every week but every 2 weeks and sometime later because I notice the more I call the more impatient I get. ;)

;) This may be old news to other people who have used the site longer, but the (202) 324-3625 FBI Security NameCheck number given on the FAQ name check post of August of last year is no longer in operation. I called this morning after leaving a message yesterday, as the post had suggested. I reached a woman today and was told that there is no longer any contact to inquire on the status of the name check. I would love to be corrected if anyone has information to the contrary. Thank you.

239406[/snapback]

naogong, have patience. I know it is easy to say but hard to do but you must try. If it is any comfort my CR-1 file was transferred to GZ on April 16 and the name check was completed ALMOST 4 months later. My wife had to go and get fingerprints taken on June 23rd because US wanted it. I was afraid the fingerprints was going to drag the case out and take forever in the name check process. I called last Thursday and they told me the name check was complete and the case was forwarded back to GZ. Two weeks prior to that they told me it was still processing. Keep in mind that FBI does the name check and sends the result to DOS but DOS does not know the progress of the name check. It has been over 16 months and counting since my I-130 was first received by CSC. I won't feel comfortable until she gets an interview date and I hope it is this year. I don't call every week but every 2 weeks and sometime later because I notice the more I call the more impatient I get. :lol:

239523[/snapback]

I have a long way before I can even think to get impatient :o

<_< This may be old news to other people who have used the site longer, but the (202) 324-3625 FBI Security NameCheck number given on the FAQ name check post of August of last year is no longer in operation. I called this morning after leaving a message yesterday, as the post had suggested. I reached a woman today and was told that there is no longer any contact to inquire on the status of the name check. I would love to be corrected if anyone has information to the contrary. Thank you.

239406[/snapback]

naogong, have patience. I know it is easy to say but hard to do but you must try. If it is any comfort my CR-1 file was transferred to GZ on April 16 and the name check was completed ALMOST 4 months later. My wife had to go and get fingerprints taken on June 23rd because US wanted it. I was afraid the fingerprints was going to drag the case out and take forever in the name check process. I called last Thursday and they told me the name check was complete and the case was forwarded back to GZ. Two weeks prior to that they told me it was still processing. Keep in mind that FBI does the name check and sends the result to DOS but DOS does not know the progress of the name check. It has been over 16 months and counting since my I-130 was first received by CSC. I won't feel comfortable until she gets an interview date and I hope it is this year. I don't call every week but every 2 weeks and sometime later because I notice the more I call the more impatient I get. :wacko:

239523[/snapback]

I have a long way before I can even think to get impatient <_<

239524[/snapback]

<_< :D <_< :D