Please help - received letter from NVC, but...

How important is the letter from NVC about your I-129F being forwarded to GUZ?? I received mine (with my wife's Family name mispelled)... but I also received some other poor saps letter in the same envelope!!! :D

So, first: if all the other paperwork and references to my wifes name were spelled correctly, do I care about the typo in this letter?

Second: if this is something this guy will need, should I just mail it to him? His address is on it... or do I inform NVC of both errors and ask to have my wife's info updated and for them to resend to this guy?

Thanks in advance!!

Guest pushbrk
How important is the letter from NVC about your I-129F being forwarded to GUZ??  I received mine (with my wife's Family name mispelled)... but I also received some other poor saps letter in the same envelope!!!  :D

So, first: if all the other paperwork and references to my wifes name were spelled correctly, do I care about the typo in this letter?

Second: if this is something this guy will need, should I just mail it to him?  His address is on it... or do I inform NVC of both errors and ask to have my wife's info updated and for them to resend to this guy?

Thanks in advance!!

238742[/snapback]

Since it was just a stuffing error, I would just mail the letter to him with a short note.

As for the name on your letter, I would verify that her name is properly spelled on the electronic file. You can do this by calling DOS. If it is correct, just ignore the error on your letter. You will not need it for anything. You WILL need your NOA2.

Since the file has been sent to GZ you don't want to do anything to cause it to be returned to NVC for corrective action. If your other NOA's were spelled correctly you might want to see how it arrives in GZ. You probably won't be able to know for sure until she receives P-3. However you can call DOS to get a status update and verify the spelling in their system to let you see if there is a problem there.

On the other guys letter, send it to him and avoid taking the chance that NVC will screw up again. You're probably a bit more detail oriented than NVC in the first place. :D

Since the file has been sent to GZ you don't want to do anything to cause it to be returned to NVC for corrective action. If your other NOA's were spelled correctly you might want to see how it arrives in GZ. You probably won't be able to know for sure until she receives P-3. However you can call DOS to get a status update and verify the spelling in their system to let you see if there is a problem there.

On the other guys letter, send it to him and avoid taking the chance that NVC will screw up again. You're probably a bit more detail oriented than NVC in the first place.  :lol:

238752[/snapback]

Thanks guys!

I agree, I don't want anything being returned. I thought I'd drop the guy a note saying where I got the advice to mail it to him. Maybe we'll get another member to add to the Timelines :blink:

How important is the letter from NVC about your I-129F being forwarded to GUZ?? 

238742[/snapback]

Although Jingwen was K-1, I never received any notice from NVC that the case was being forwarded to GZ. I learned about it through my routine phone calls. It didn't seem a big deal, so I ignored it. The P3 from the consulate eventually made in into Jingwen's hands.