Visa question

I got the visa today and found it has "PETR" at the bottom of visa under "Annotation".

Anyone know what it stand for? Is it short for "Petitioner"? currently it put my Co-sponsor's name there and I think it's Wrong.

If it's wrong spelling, would it be a big problem entering the U.S.?

How do I get it Changed?

How long it takes?

Thanks,

Alex

I got the visa today and found it has "PETR" at the bottom of visa under "Annotation".

Anyone know what it stand for? Is it short for "Petitioner"? currently it put my Co-sponsor's name there and I think it's Wrong.

How do I get it Changed?

How long it takes?

Thanks,

Alex

238473[/snapback]

It does stand for petitioner and should have your SO's name. You might want to stop by the Consulate and verify the proper way to deal with this.

How do I get it Changed?

How long it takes?

Thanks,

Alex

238473[/snapback]

It does stand for petitioner and should have your SO's name. You might want to stop by the Consulate and verify the proper way to deal with this.

238479[/snapback]

PETR should be the USC...

How do I get it Changed?

How long it takes?

Thanks,

Alex

238473[/snapback]

238479[/snapback]

238498[/snapback]

This may have been an over site at the consulate, but it needs to be cleared up before leaving China. If for some reason they have the co-sponsor listed elsewhere as the USC fiancée the AOS process could get real ugly because you didn't marry the CO-sponsor. :(

And as usual, the USCIS and DOS are not to blame for any mistake. :blink:

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

How do I get it Changed?

How long it takes?

Thanks,

Alex

238473[/snapback]

238479[/snapback]

238498[/snapback]

This may have been an over site at the consulate, but it needs to be cleared up before leaving China. If for some reason they have the co-sponsor listed elsewhere as the USC fiancée the AOS process could get real ugly because you didn't marry the CO-sponsor. :(

And as usual, the USCIS and DOS are not to blame for any mistake. :(

238504[/snapback]

The government does not make mistakes Lee. This is why THEY are not to blame... :blink: