Citizenship

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would bring this up again to see if any one can help me find the anwser.

Thanks,

Tine

I gave your original post careful thought when I first saw it, Tine. But it is too far ahead for me, or my wife, to be looking into citizenship.

It's funny; my wife doesn't mention it or even shows any interest at all in it. And my step-daughter, which I'm still waiting for her green card to arrive, hasn't once inquired about it.

-Go figure.

Good luck. I hope you can find the information that you seek.

Does anyone know if my stepdaughter is covered under N-400 she is 12 yrs old ? I don't think we can use N-600.Do I need to send biometrics fee for my wife and daughter ? I have a few weeks before I will send to NSC. :blink:

Thanks,

Tine

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/faq.htm#q24

https://www.uscitizenship.info/en_US/citizenship/home.html :D

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)

Does anyone know if my stepdaughter is covered under N-400 she is 12 yrs old ? I don't think we can use N-600.Do I need to send biometrics fee for my wife and daughter ? I have a few weeks before I will send to NSC. :blink:

Thanks,

Tine

Tine, I can't remember if you legally adopted your stepdaughter, so what follows is based on the assumption that you did not.

I'm not sure you need to do anything for your stepdaughter. Once Ella becomes a US citizen, I think the child will automatically become a citizen under the Child Citizenship Act. Take a look at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=16130&hl= and the various links contained there.

My read of the Act and literature is that you can, but don't necessarily have to file to get a certificate of citizenship for your stepdaughter, but if you want one, you would file the N-600.

Because I have not dealt directly with this aspect of the law, I do urge you to verify everything that I've said. The last thing I want is for someone to rely on my post and have it turn out to be total BS.

Tine suggested in my other thread that maybe it is time to start a citizenship section. I agree.

I mailed the N400 for Sweetie last week. One caution for everyone who files - don't go by just the directions that are printed out with the form. You need to read the Guide that is there also. Yes, the guide gives different info in the case of pictures but I figured out that they really want full face now.

Also, you have to send in copies of your divorce(s) again if you have been divorced. Don't you think that after all the millions we have spent after 9/11 on computer systems, the DHS could access the DOS records?? As well as birth certificate, proof of relationship etc. It will seem like old times........

Tine, I did not look into the kids citizenship as we don't have one. Good luck. It seems like there will be less hassle with the interview than with the others as the Dept has a quota to meet! That is why citizenship was approved for someone on the terrorist watch list. Makes me feel so secure.