NAME CHECK FINALLY COMPLETED!!!

It took almost 4 months from the time our file was forwarded to GZ to finally have the name check completed. I called DOS earlier and the nice lady told me that the name check is completed but she could not tell me exactly when. She said the file is being forwarded back to GZ and my wife should get a call shortly. Anyway it is completed during the last 2 weeks because that was the last time I called. The wait is currently over 16 months but I think I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Is there any possibility my wife can get a September interview date? What is the wait time now that the name check is completed?

Guest pushbrk
It took almost 4 months from the time our file was forwarded to GZ to finally have the name check completed.  I called DOS earlier and the nice lady told me that the name check is completed but she could not tell me exactly when.  She said the file is being forwarded back to GZ and my wife should get a call shortly.  Anyway it is completed during the last 2 weeks because that was the last time I called.  The wait is currently over 16 months but I think I finally see light at the end of the tunnel.  Is there any possibility my wife can get a September interview date?  What is the wait time now that the name check is completed?

238039[/snapback]

It kind of depends on where the file is now. Your timeline doesn't say.

your wife's interview date cant be on September. It might come on November according to my timeline. it means after she gets P3, and then P4 , which needs 2 or 3 months she will get her interview date. anyway, it's a great leap moving from NVC.

best wishes

GUZ has been known to give out interview dates this late in the month for early in the next, but, like Mike says, you most likely are not in the queue yet. They will be giving dates out shortly for late October, if your case is ready to be scheduled.

your wife's interview date cant be on September. It might come on November according to my timeline. it means after she gets P3, and then P4 , which needs 2 or 3 months she will get her interview date. anyway, it's a great leap moving from NVC.

best wishes

238071[/snapback]

I forgot to note that my case is a CR-1 so there is no P3 (if I am correct). Does anybody know roughly how long after the name check is complete before the case is awarded an interview date? I am so happy the name check is complete.

Guest pushbrk

best wishes

238071[/snapback]

I forgot to note that my case is a CR-1 so there is no P3 (if I am correct). Does anybody know roughly how long after the name check is complete before the case is awarded an interview date? I am so happy the name check is complete.

238076[/snapback]

You haven't told us where the physical file is. If it is in the US, it will have to be transferred to GUZ before it gets in the queue for an interview. If it is already in GUZ, then it would be in the queue now.

If you would provide the needed details, we could give you a more reliable answer.

best wishes

238071[/snapback]

238076[/snapback]

You haven't told us where the physical file is. If it is in the US, it will have to be transferred to GUZ before it gets in the queue for an interview. If it is already in GUZ, then it would be in the queue now.

If you would provide the needed details, we could give you a more reliable answer.

238087[/snapback]

Hi Pushbrk, this is what transpired when I called DOS. The nice lady looked up the case and told me that the name check is complete but she could not tell me when. Why? I don't know. What I know for sure is the name check was completed during this past 2 weeks because I last called on August 2nd. The case is en route to GZ because the lady said she is not sure how long it will take to get to GZ and how long it will take them to enter it in the system. I am so happy the case is out of the name check process. I was afraid the name check process was going to drag out until next year. Thanks.

Guest pushbrk

best wishes

238071[/snapback]

238076[/snapback]

238087[/snapback]

Hi Pushbrk, this is what transpired when I called DOS. The nice lady looked up the case and told me that the name check is complete but she could not tell me when. Why? I don't know. What I know for sure is the name check was completed during this past 2 weeks because I last called on August 2nd. The case is en route to GZ because the lady said she is not sure how long it will take to get to GZ and how long it will take them to enter it in the system. I am so happy the case is out of the name check process. I was afraid the name check process was going to drag out until next year. Thanks.

238111[/snapback]

So, in 16 months your case has never left the states. In that case, I would think in terms of an interview in November or December. Check posted timelines under links and resources to compare times from NVC out to Interview for CR1.