10 months and 12 days for CR1 process,

Yes, this is true! There are only 10 months and 12 days from filing to the interview. I filed from California. Originally I thought I should move to Vermont area. The line definitely is moving faster then I expected. If you look at my timeline, you will know the time cut shorter now for GUZ receiving physical application from NVC. I waited for 3 months for K3, but only 2 for CR1. Another thing is the name check. Name check is not required for CR1 if the one for K3 has just been done recently.

We are really blessed. Now what we need to do is to prepare all document for interview. and of course keep praying too. :)

Guest pushbrk
Yes, this is true! There are only 10 months and 12 days from filing to the interview. I filed from California. Originally I thought I should move to Vermont area. The line definitely is moving faster then I expected.  If you look at my timeline, you will know the time cut shorter now for GUZ receiving physical application from NVC. I waited for 3 months for K3, but only 2 for CR1.  Another thing is the name check. Name check is not required for CR1 if the one for K3 has just been done recently.

We are really blessed. Now what we need to do is to prepare all document for interview. and of course keep praying too.  :)

238001[/snapback]

Just to clarify, you are getting a CR1 interview this quickly BECAUSE you also filed for a K3. I suspect you also used some of the shortcuts to get through NVC in 3 months. This requires very proactive work on your part. You actually benefit by the delay in your K3.

If you had only filed for CR1, you would be looking at another 3 or 4 months. That's still a swift CR1.

Congratulations.

Mike, I agree with you that I did benefit from the delay in K3. Roughly 1 month delay puts everything together. However, I don't agree with you about any shortcut. I am not attorney and have no legal background. This is the very first legal process for both of us. We do not have any friend or relative in INS either. In fact, often time, we feel so hopeless and helpless, and don't know when the end of the journey will be (like most people here in CFL). The only proactive work I did is to check on the CFL almost every day and call DOS a few times a week. This is how I learn all the processes, tips and etc. My case is not a special case. If this can happen to me, it can happen to everybody. :)

Edited by humuhumu (see edit history)
Yes, this is true! There are only 10 months and 12 days from filing to the interview. I filed from California. Originally I thought I should move to Vermont area. The line definitely is moving faster then I expected.  If you look at my timeline, you will know the time cut shorter now for GUZ receiving physical application from NVC. I waited for 3 months for K3, but only 2 for CR1.  Another thing is the name check. Name check is not required for CR1 if the one for K3 has just been done recently.

We are really blessed. Now what we need to do is to prepare all document for interview. and of course keep praying too.  :)

238001[/snapback]

Glad to hear that things are moving so smoothly for you. Good Luck!

Guest pushbrk
Mike, I agree with you that I did benefit from the delay in K3.  Roughly 1 month delay puts everything together.  However, I don't agree with you about any shortcut. I am not attorney and have no legal background. This is the very first legal process for both of us. We do not have any friend or relative in INS either. In fact, often time, we feel so hopeless and helpless, and don't know when the end of the journey will be (like most people here in CFL).  The only proactive work I did is to check on the CFL almost every day and call DOS a few times a week.  This is how I learn all the processes, tips and etc. My case is not a special case. If this can happen to me, it can happen to everybody.  :)

238012[/snapback]

Shortcuts don't require an attorney. I'm referring to the procedures you can use to cut the mailing times and wait between steps by being prepared in advance for the next step. If you did nothing but wait to hear from NVC and all the mail from them went back and forth between NVC and your wife in China, then I stand corrected. If you made yourself the agent and were ready with all the signed forms from her during the time your case was at NVC, that's what I mean by "shortcuts".

Nothing nefarious or under the table...

Congratulations!!!!!

:) :P :redblob: :redblob:

I can only hope ours moves as quickly.....

Shortcuts don't require an attorney.  I'm referring to the procedures you can use to cut the mailing times and wait between steps by being prepared in advance for the next step.  If you did nothing but wait to hear from NVC and all the mail from them went back and forth between NVC and your wife in China, then I stand corrected.  If you made yourself the agent and were ready with all the signed forms from her during the time your case was at NVC, that's what I mean by "shortcuts".

238018[/snapback]

Yes, I did make myself as an agent. This is perfectly fine according to the instruction. It does save some mailing time.

Guest pushbrk

Shortcuts don't require an attorney.  I'm referring to the procedures you can use to cut the mailing times and wait between steps by being prepared in advance for the next step.  If you did nothing but wait to hear from NVC and all the mail from them went back and forth between NVC and your wife in China, then I stand corrected.  If you made yourself the agent and were ready with all the signed forms from her during the time your case was at NVC, that's what I mean by "shortcuts".

238018[/snapback]

Yes, I did make myself as an agent. This is perfectly fine according to the instruction. It does save some mailing time.

238041[/snapback]

Yes, it can save months of mailing time, particularly if you are ALSO prepared with the signed forms from your SO when the request comes.

Of course it is allowed. I haven't a clue why you think I was offering anything but praise and using your actions as positive example of how to do CR1/K3.

Good job. Congratulations.

Yes, it can save months of mailing time, particularly if you are ALSO prepared with the signed forms from your SO when the request comes.

Of course it is allowed.  I haven't a clue why you think I was offering anything but praise and using your actions as positive example of how to do CR1/K3

Good job.  Congratulations.

238046[/snapback]

Thanks Mike! :surprise: :surprise:

Let's not forget the reduced cases going to the NVC & consulate since IMBRA put a halt and recall to K cases.. What is they they going to do with some free time on their hands... I predicted we'd see some CR1 cases looking fast due to this issue.. not sure if it's from IMBRA halts or not, but nice to see... tracing timelines over the next few months might go the other way as the backlog produces too many.. we'll need six months to a year to settle down again. As Don said, all trends are off till they get over IMBRA...

Now you can only hope that your security checks have been completed. More than one person has had the VO's find this out at the last minute, thus causing them to issue a blue slip...which is then overturned once security check is finished..

There is also other errors which can occur, so don't get too happy until you actually get the visa.

I am not trying to be a joykill, just hoping to not hear another crushed person in agony after getting "GUZ'd"..