We finally got an interview date for K3!

Praise God! We finally got an interview date (Sep 19) for K3! :sosad: We were also told that GUZ has received our physical paper file for CR1 and the status of it is under the name check. I seemed to read this in CFL some time back that if CR1 and K3 are in the very close stage, GUZ will use the K3 name check for CR1. Is that still valid? There is still more then a month before the interview. If the name check is finished by then, will it be possible that GUZ will make the interview for CR1? Does anyone have a clue? I know I may be a little bit of greedy here. But, I will take anything I can get. Why not save a trip to Guangzhou.....

Thanks alot for sharing.

Guest pushbrk
Praise God! We finally got an interview date (Sep 19) for K3!   :D  We were also told that GUZ has received our physical paper file for CR1 and the status of it is under the name check.  I seemed to read this in CFL some time back that if CR1 and K3 are in the very close stage, GUZ will use the K3 name check for CR1. Is that still valid?  There is still more then a month before the interview. If the name check is finished by then, will it be possible that GUZ will make the interview for CR1? Does anyone have a clue? I know I may be a little bit of greedy here. But, I will take anything I can get. Why not save a trip to Guangzhou.....

Thanks alot for sharing.

237549[/snapback]

I would send them an email from their website form referencing both cases and asking that the interview be for CR1. They'll know how to handle it.

Yes, USCONGUZ has recently confirmed they can use the K3 name check in these circumstances.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

They may not have associated the CR-1 and K-3 cases and an email to GZ like Mike suggested would be in order. Since there is time before the interview the odds are good that the interview will be for the CR-1, but they will need to send a new P-4 because she will have a couple of different papers involved and the fee situation is completely different.

With things running so close together your best hope would be to have the CR-1 interview even if you had to postpone the interview for a month. This would save you all of the AOS processing and fees, which you have already paid to NVC.

Once you get a response from GZ you will hopefully be able to make an informed decision on what to do.

They may not have associated the CR-1 and K-3 cases and an email to GZ like Mike suggested would be in order. Since there is time before the interview the odds are good that the interview will be for the CR-1, but they will need to send a new P-4 because she will have a couple of different papers involved and the fee situation is completely different.

With things running so close together your best hope would be to have the CR-1 interview even if you had to postpone the interview for a month. This would save you all of the AOS processing and fees, which you have already paid to NVC.

Once you get a response from GZ you will hopefully be able to make an informed decision on what to do.

237584[/snapback]

GUZ answered my email last night and said that there was a mistake to issue an name check for our CR1 case. They confirmed that K3 name check can be used for CR1. So, our interview on Sept has changed to be for CR1!!!! :) :D :D GUZ is going to mail us a new P4. This is great!

By the way, thank both Mike and LeeFisher3 very much for your suggestions.