Chinese Passport

Hello,

I have contacted my SO and asked her about her passport information, and she told me that it does not show an issuing city. Can anyone tell me if this is so? I know on our U.S. passport it states the issuing city. If they do not have an issuing city on thier passports would I just put N/A where it asks for issuing city?

Thanks, Rick

Guest pushbrk
Hello,

I have contacted my SO and asked her about her passport information, and she told me that it does not show an issuing city. Can anyone tell me if this is so? I know on our U.S. passport it states the issuing city. If they do not have an issuing city on thier passports would I just put N/A where it asks for issuing city?

Thanks, Rick

237539[/snapback]

Even if the passport doesn't indicate the issuing city, if you know the answer, it's ok to indicate it.

My old passport indicates that it was issued in Washington DC but the new one only states that it was issued under the authority of the Department of State. I know it was issued at the National Passport Center in Pittsburgh but that is not stated on the passport.

Hello,

Thanks, Rick

237539[/snapback]

My wife and son's passports only indicate a province of issue, not a city. We left both of those fields empty when completing the DS-156 as it caused an exception on the DOS web site form with the barcode.

Thanks

237581[/snapback]

My Chinese passport has the place of issue information which is on the photo page shows both in Chinese and English of the province of the issuing no city name. Shows as below:

Ç©·¢µØµã/Place of issue:

Yes that is what my wife told me, I just wanted to make sure something wasnt lost in the translation. So I have debated whether to leave it blank, enter the province there as well as in the province box or just put the city in which she filed for it even though it doenst show on the passport. This is on the DS-156.