I am getting ready to mail my application

The following is a list, in order, of the documents I have included in the I-129F package that I am preparing to mail. Is anything out of order or missing as best anyone can tell.

The check in the amount of $170.0 US

Cover letter to USICS -signed

I-129F (3 pages) - signed

Fiance letter of intent (myself) - signed

Fiance letter of intent (SO) - signed

Divider for proof of having traveled to China and ability to support SO

Copy of NWA purchase confirmation

Boarding pass/E-ticket from Home to Guangzhou/currency exchange receipt Guangzhou

Travelocity Invoice for ticket from Guanhzhou to Nanning

Receipt for cab from airport to hotel in Guangzhou

Receipt from Guangzhou Hotel

Bank of China currency exchange memo receipts

Train tickets from Nanning to Guilin and return trip tickets

My passport photo page

My passport Chinese visa page with entry and exit stamps

Birth certificate

Letter from HR Director stating my employment, SSN, Job title, length of service and rate of pay.

Divider for G-324A’s All have been signed

G-324A – all 4 pages (myself) with type photos (in plastic pouch)

G-324A – all 4 pages (SO) with passport type photos in (plastic pouch)

Divider for proof we have met in the past 2 years and have an ongoing relationship

Photos of us together in China.

Copies of emails beginning, middle and current.

Copies of IM’s

Copies of photos of SO via Web cam, alone, with sisters, brother in laws, niece, with dad and with nephew.

Is there anything else I need to add to this pile of paper before mailing. <_<

Thanks in Advance

Is it time for http://altairdigital.com/arpanet/cheetos.gif yet?

Guest pushbrk
The following is a list, in order, of the documents I have included in the I-129F package that I am preparing to mail.  Is anything out of order or missing as best anyone can tell.

Boarding pass/E-ticket from Home to Guangzhou/currency exchange receipt Guangzhou

My passport photo page

Birth certificate

Letter from HR Director stating my employment, SSN, Job title, length of service and rate of pay.

G-324A – all 4 pages (myself) with type photos (in plastic pouch)

G-324A – all 4 pages (SO) with passport type photos in (plastic pouch)

Divider for proof we have met in the past 2 years and have an ongoing relationship

Copies of IM’s

Copies of photos of SO via Web cam, alone, with sisters, brother in laws, niece, with dad and with nephew.

Is there anything else I need to add to this pile of paper before mailing.  :ph34r:

Thanks in Advance

236897[/snapback]

This is a good idea. Yes, you need to add the appropriate documents to prove you are a US Citizen (A photocopy of a certified copy of your birth certificate will do.) to the first section. You might want to consider putting the G325a's next after that. You don't mention whether you've been married before. If so, copies of divorce decrees are needed.

Now, take a deep breath because I think you need to REMOVE a bunch of the other stuff you have in the stack. :lol: Some of the K1 folks can elaborate on the specifics of what you need to prove you met but you sure don't need all of that.

I think all you need is a few dated photos together, a copy of an airplane ticket and maybe a receipt or two. Copies of you Visa with entry and exit stams is good but a total of 4 or 4 pages of stuff is enough. Keep the rest for the kitchen sink at interview.

This is not the time to prove your ability to support your SO or that your relationship is ongoing since the engagement. This is proven at interview. You have a bunch of great stuff for that but just keep adding to it and take it over with you at interview time, in case it is needed.

Things like employer letter and bank records only mean something to the VO at interview. You'll need more current ones to put with your I-134 closer to interview time.

In short, the kitchen sink is for the inteview. Minimalism is generally adviseable for you petition, as long as the requirements are covered. You don't want to give them too much work to do or too much to evaluate. USCIS is only concerned that you qualify to bring her here and that they know you've met, intend to marry and who she is.

The rest is up to the Visa Officer/Adjudicator.

The following is a list, in order, of the documents I have included in the I-129F package that I am preparing to mail.   Is anything out of order or missing as best anyone can tell.

My passport photo page

Birth certificate

G-324A ?all 4 pages (myself) with type photos (in plastic pouch)

G-324A ?all 4 pages (SO) with passport type photos in (plastic pouch)

Copies of IM’s

Is there anything else I need to add to this pile of paper before mailing.   :ph34r:

Thanks in Advance

236897[/snapback]

This is a good idea. Yes, you need to add the appropriate documents to prove you are a US Citizen (A photocopy of a certified copy of your birth certificate will do.) to the first section. You might want to consider putting the G325a's next after that. You don't mention whether you've been married before. If so, copies of divorce decrees are needed.

Now, take a deep breath because I think you need to REMOVE a bunch of the other stuff you have in the stack. :lol: Some of the K1 folks can elaborate on the specifics of what you need to prove you met but you sure don't need all of that.

I think all you need is a few dated photos together, a copy of an airplane ticket and maybe a receipt or two. Copies of you Visa with entry and exit stams is good but a total of 4 or 4 pages of stuff is enough. Keep the rest for the kitchen sink at interview.

This is not the time to prove your ability to support your SO or that your relationship is ongoing since the engagement. This is proven at interview. You have a bunch of great stuff for that but just keep adding to it and take it over with you at interview time, in case it is needed.

Things like employer letter and bank records only mean something to the VO at interview. You'll need more current ones to put with your I-134 closer to interview time.

In short, the kitchen sink is for the inteview. Minimalism is generally adviseable for you petition, as long as the requirements are covered. You don't want to give them too much work to do or too much to evaluate. USCIS is only concerned that you qualify to bring her here and that they know you've met, intend to marry and who she is.

236900[/snapback]

You pretty much outlined the very same things I submitted. Be careful about removing things that may be needed.

They do ask for receipts and pictures, showing that you have met. Pictures with her family are especially helpful. The IM's and emails can be removed - they only need to know that you had met.

I think Mike's concerns about volume are right on, but, again - be careful that you don't remove something that is needed. If you scan your receipts and print them as many aas will fit, they will fit neatly with the whole package.

You ARE required to show that you can support her to 125% of the poverty line by submitting the I-134. The I-134 itself calls for the other things - employment letter, bank account, tax returns, etc., although you simply need to show that you meet the minimum. I submitted the I-134 with everything it asks for.

Guest pushbrk
The following is a list, in order, of the documents I have included in the I-129F package that I am preparing to mail.   Is anything out of order or missing as best anyone can tell.

My passport photo page

Birth certificate

G-324A ?all 4 pages (myself) with type photos (in plastic pouch)

G-324A ?all 4 pages (SO) with passport type photos in (plastic pouch)

Copies of IM’s

Is there anything else I need to add to this pile of paper before mailing.   :ph34r:

Thanks in Advance

236897[/snapback]

236900[/snapback]

You pretty much outlined the very same things I submitted. Be careful about removing things that may be needed.

They do ask for receipts and pictures, showing that you have met. Pictures with her family are especially helpful. The IM's and emails can be removed - they only need to know that you had met.

I think Mike's concerns about volume are right on, but, again - be careful that you don't remove something that is needed. If you scan your receipts and print them as many aas will fit, they will fit neatly with the whole package.

You ARE required to show that you can support her to 125% of the poverty line by submitting the I-134. The I-134 itself calls for the other things - employment letter, bank account, tax returns, etc., although you simply need to show that you meet the minimum. I submitted the I-134 with everything it asks for.

236904[/snapback]

I posted what I planned so submit and was advised to cut it back significantly. I suggest you cut it back and then post your new list so you can be sure you didn't remove something that needs to go back in.

By the way, the G325a's need to be "signed" too. :wub:

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

I would send them several pictures of the two of you together in different places and at different times.

The law says mearly that you have to have met in person, but you are trying to prove an existing and ongoing relationship.

We sent in pictures of us in front of recognizable landmarks in Shanghai, Guilin and Sanya to show them that we were not only together, but we travelled together. Send them a few pictures of the two of you in GZ, Nanning and Guilin.

I think the kitchen sink is the best approach - the more you send now, the less they will question you (her) later on.

good luck!

I would characterize this as much more than they ask for, and redundant evidence in a few cases... I tend to be more minimalist on this original petition since everything you submit must be reviewed and approved, and later can be used in the interview as a question to the SO to explain.

Two examples:

You admit to staying in a hotel in Guangzhou; Was that an approved hotel? Did you get properly registered with the police during this stay? I cannot say that I have ever seen such questions, but when I saw the hotel receipts, it immediately made me think of this...

You also are submitting financial info (employment letter) which is not needed.. later you will provide that for the interview. If numbers are updated by the time of the interview, then they are not necessarily in sync... should your SO be the one to have to explain that if they want to ask questions about the submission of a document that USCIS did not even ask for....

If any divorce is applicable on either end, then you need the final decrees...

Your organization and effort are well noted. good job.

Here is what I would consider a minimalist approach.

Fiancée letter of intent (SO) - signed

Boarding pass/E-ticket from Home to Guangzhou

Birth certificate

G-325A – all 4 pages (myself) with type photos (in plastic pouch)

G-325A – all 4 pages (SO) with passport type photos in (plastic pouch)

Where are the required passport photos? one for each of you? You need to write the name on the back in pencil.

Missing either of these gets you an RFE.

Dividers are nice, but they have to remove them. Use removable tabs at the bottom.

You might include a couple of emails from before your trip to China, but only a couple.

You have too much documentation concerning your trip, boarding passes and pictures of the two of you together in China provides a proof of meeting. It is enough and if you want to put them all together on a single piece of paper with captions beside the pictures and then color copy it, you will submit something that is easy to review and meets the requirements.

The hotel receipts, money exchanges and all are great proof of your trip for the interview.

While webcam pictures of your SO and her family are valuable to you they do absolutely nothing to help the case get approved because you are not in the picture with them. They are out of context for the evidence requested with the I-129F.

Less is more, by touching all the bases you give them everything they want and make it easy for them to review the entire thing without any confusion.

Binding the entire thing together with ACCO fastener at the top is a nice touch.

Also, if either of you have been married before you need to prove when each an every marriage ended.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
Here is what I would consider a minimalist approach.

Fiancée letter of intent (SO) - signed

Boarding pass/E-ticket from Home to Guangzhou

Birth certificate

G-325A – all 4 pages (myself) with type photos (in plastic pouch)

G-325A – all 4 pages (SO) with passport type photos in (plastic pouch)

Where are the required passport photos? one for each of you? You need to write the name on the back in pencil.

Missing either of these gets you an RFE.

Dividers are nice, but they have to remove them. Use removable tabs at the bottom.

You might include a couple of emails from before your trip to China, but only a couple.

You have too much documentation concerning your trip, boarding passes and pictures of the two of you together in China provides a proof of meeting. It is enough and if you want to put them all together on a single piece of paper with captions beside the pictures and then color copy it, you will submit something that is easy to review and meets the requirements.

The hotel receipts, money exchanges and all are great proof of your trip for the interview.

While webcam pictures of your SO and her family are valuable to you they do absolutely nothing to help the case get approved because you are not in the picture with them. They are out of context for the evidence requested with the I-129F.

Less is more, by touching all the bases you give them everything they want and make it easy for them to review the entire thing without any confusion.

Binding the entire thing together with ACCO fastener at the top is a nice touch.

Also, if either of you have been married before you need to prove when each an every marriage ended.

237021[/snapback]

I take the passport photos are in the plastic pouch with the G-325a... one of the lines simply is a typo without the word "passport"...

I completely agree with Lee's 'less is more' approach on this...

Only comment would be if you don't have a copy of your birth certificate, you can just copy your passport for proof of citizenship, as you'll obviously have it...

copy that.

Make sure it is a copy of the birth cert, because I went and got a bunch of certified birth certs because their cheap and I figured the real deal is better, WRONG!!! It got sent back to me with a request for a COPY of it. They won't use their own copy machine for you. So there is a couple of weeks delay there. Follow the instructions exactly.

Rak I love the enthusiasm man. Too bad this isn't the place to hit a home run. I felt the same way though. I only put pics of the two of us together, or with her and I and other relatives.

Guest pushbrk
copy that.

Make sure it is a copy of the birth cert, because I went and got a bunch of certified birth certs because their cheap and I figured the real deal is better, WRONG!!!  It got sent back to me with a request for a COPY of it.  They won't use their own copy machine for you.  So there is a couple of weeks delay there.  Follow the instructions exactly.

Rak I love the enthusiasm man.  Too bad this isn't the place to hit a home run.  I felt the same way though.  I only put pics of the two of us together, or with her and I and other relatives.

237103[/snapback]

Careful, K3 and CR1 petitions require no proof of meeting photographs. The "Marriage Certificate" from China takes care of all that. The OP is K1 and must prove he met his fiance in person within two years of filing his petition. He doesn't need the kitchen sink to do this but does need more than the CR1/K3 folks do.

copy that.

Make sure it is a copy of the birth cert, because I went and got a bunch of certified birth certs because their cheap and I figured the real deal is better, WRONG!!!  It got sent back to me with a request for a COPY of it.  They won't use their own copy machine for you.  So there is a couple of weeks delay there.  Follow the instructions exactly.

Rak I love the enthusiasm man.  Too bad this isn't the place to hit a home run.  I felt the same way though.  I only put pics of the two of us together, or with her and I and other relatives.

237103[/snapback]

Careful, K3 and CR1 petitions require no proof of meeting photographs. The "Marriage Certificate" from China takes care of all that. The OP is K1 and must prove he met his fiance in person within two years of filing his petition. He doesn't need the kitchen sink to do this but does need more than the CR1/K3 folks do.

237108[/snapback]

Wonder if it ever makes them feel good though? :cheering: :D :cheering:

Heck I was so jacked I didn't leave any stone unturned. Big letter of everything, yada yada..... Some of us are just dumb. love blind..idiots.

:) YAAAAAHOOOOOOOO :D

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)