response from guz girl can come to interview

Well I have posted here a few time's over the last few month's of my fiance adopting her niece that she has cared for .And it happened as well I have sent a email to guz at first they told me if she got approved they would send out paper work to my fiance now they send back a reply to me after i told them the adoption weas finalized that she could come with my fiance to her interview next week and to bring the adoption paper's and they would or the VO would determine if she could be added to the visa at that time and that later they would have her go for a medical exam ...... well this is good and bad to me one I feel it is good that they will consider it but at the same time I feel it would be easy for the VO to not do it to so I think she shold bring every thing she can with her and suggestion's would be good .this is what she has so far I-134 with the girl's name on it as welll birth certificate in english and chinese notorized adoption paper's in english and chinese notorized a statement letter from me exceptoing the girl to come here to l,ive as well.a letter from my fiance statinbg why the late addition to the visa and why the adoption and she has all ready talked to the man at the hotel that is above the consualte and he will give her the additional form's needed to add the girl to a extra copy of paper's from p3 and p4 with the girl's informatioon on them I felt if this was alll given to the visa officer he might be more willing to add the girl if he does not have to explain much as awell maybe nothing to bring back but the medical any suggestion's would be helpful.... they said to bring hte little girl to the interview but how can she get in???? with out a appointment letter i forwarded the email from them to my fiance and told her to make a copy and show it when she arrives trhere what does evey one think of this it seem's odd to me i do not know though can childern come into a interview if they accompany the interviewer but if they are not on the appointment letter??

It's good to be prepared, Paul, but I think it's a shoe-in as long as your fiance gets approved!

Good luck. We'll be watching.

We had a case last year where the parents were denied admission (by the security guards) to their children's visa interview. The kids were then blue slipped, because the parents were not present. The USC then went to Window ?? (find this window number), where he was able to explain the situation and get the visa awarded that same day.

Guest pushbrk
It's good to be prepared, Paul, but I think it's a shoe-in as long as your fiance gets approved!

Good luck. We'll be watching.

We had a case last year where the parents were denied admission (by the security guards) to their children's visa interview. The kids were then blue slipped, because the parents were not present. The USC then went to Window ?? (find this window number), where he was able to explain the situation and get the visa awarded that same day.

236771[/snapback]

Getting the girl in the building and upstairs without the invite letter might be dicey but if successful, be prepared for a blue slip for the girl because she will be lacking the medical exam. Papers for that will need to be prepared, exam taken and then package submitted before they'll give the girl the visa, even in the best case.

You might get lucky and accomplish this within a couple weeks of the interview.

Guest pushbrk
Here's the case from last year - Same day blue slip overcome.

and, yes, don't worry about a blue slip for the medical or anything else she may be missing- it would be more procedural than an actual denial. That is, it would mean "Do this, and you'll get the visa"

236777[/snapback]

Exactly. Blue slips are not denials they are requests for more information. Denials CAN come later but this would be the kind of blue slip that means, do this and we'll issue the visa as opposed to "do this and maybe..."

Here's the case from last year - Same day blue slip overcome.

and, yes, don't worry about a blue slip for the medical or anything else she may be missing- it would be more procedural than an actual denial. That is, it would mean "Do this, and you'll get the visa"

236777[/snapback]

Exactly. Blue slips are not denials they are requests for more information. Denials CAN come later but this would be the kind of blue slip that means, do this and we'll issue the visa as opposed to "do this and maybe..."

236780[/snapback]

thank's to both of you .The two of you all way's seem to reply to my question's and worries and I apppreciate it ....

Tell your fiancée to have her appointment letter, the email response from GZ and BOTH passports in her hand when she gets to the front of the line to go into the consulate. There is normally an American/Chinese lady who looks at the papers and gives the admittance cards out. This lady is very nice and she should be able to easily explain the presence of her daughter for the interview.

Having a completed DS-230 Part 1 with her when she goes to the interview should be helpful in speeding the process along. They will more than likely accept the paperwork at the interview window and could possibly provide her with something in writing so they can get her medical exam done. She should be ready to spend a bit of extra time at the interview to take care of any additional paperwork required for her daughter.

She will also want have 6 - Passport style photos of the daughter ready before she goes to GZ( 4 for the immigration papers and 2 for the medical exam).

If she can complete the 2- DS-156(English) and 2 - DS-156(Chinese) for her daughter before her interview she could be ready to get the medical exam done. It is possible she could get the medical exam completed the same day as the visa interview because the exam for a child does not require the chest X-ray or blood work. For our son this took about 2 hours including waiting time and we had the sealed packet ready for the consulate.

Good luck on the process and plan on a few extra days to get things in order.